New Income Tax 2.0 Portal: How to get INSTANT e-PAN? Download in simple steps from incometax.gov.in website
The Income Tax Department has mandated the use of PAN on the return of income on all tax-related transactions.
Permanent Account Number (PAN) is a unique 10-digit alphanumeric number issued by the Income Tax Department to Indian taxpayers.
Through this, the department records all tax-related transactions and information of an individual against his unique PAN card. This allows the taxman to link all tax-related activities with the department.
See Zee Business Live TV Streaming Below:
The Income Tax Department has mandated the use of PAN on the return of income on all tax-related transactions. PAN is an integral aspect when it comes to tracking the transactions and monitoring the inflow and outflow of an individual’s money. The PAN acts as a database for all individual transactions like the tax collected at source (TCS)/tax deducted at source (TDS) credits, income tax payments, return on gift/investments/wealth, bank account opening, applying for credit or debit card, large amount financial transactions, etc.
But many a time people lose their PAN cards or sometimes it gets damaged. In such cases, the income tax department has come up with an option. The department has allowed instant e-PAN card download.
This facility is available on the new income tax portal incometax.gov.in. Through this, you can download an e-PAN card without the PAN number by using the Aadhaar number. But make sure that your Aadhaar should be linked with your PAN.
However, e-PAN facility can be used under the following conditions
- The person has never been allotted a PAN before.
- The person mobile number is linked with the Aadhaar number.
- The person complete date of birth is available on the Aadhaar card.
- The person should not be a minor on the date of application for PAN.
- If the Aadhaar-PAN link is not completed, then e-PAN can't be downloaded.
Step to download e-PAN from Income Tax 2.0 Portal
- Login to the official website incometax.gov.in
- Click Our Services in the extreme left
- Click on Instant E PAN
- Click on New E PAN
- Enter Aadhaar Number
- Read terms and conditions and Click on Accept button
- You will get an OTP on your registered mobile number
- Enter OTP
- Check other details, enter your e-mail, click on the Confirm button.
Your e-PAN will be sent on your registered e-mail ID. The e-PAN facility is for the allotment of instant PAN, on a real-time basis, for those applicants who have a valid Aadhaar number.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.