Next Bank Holiday in October 2022: Banks to remain closed in your cities on these days
Next Bank Holiday October 2022: Banks in India will remain closed to public on 15 days in October. The closure will be city-wise and based on holidays declared by local administrations in different states
Next Bank Holiday October 2022: Banks in India will remain closed to public on 15 days in October. The closure will be city-wise and based on holidays declared by local administrations in different states. The list has been taken from the official website of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
Here is a city-wise list:
1) October 1 - Half Yearly Closing of Bank Accounts - Gangtok
2) October 3 - Durga Puja (Maha Ashtami) - Agartala, Bengaluru, Bhubaneswar, Imphal, Guwahati, Kolkata, Ranchi, Patna
3) 4 October - Durga Puja/Dussehra (Maha Navami)/Ayudha pooja/Janmotsav of Srimanta Sankardeva - Agartala, Bengaluru, Bhubaneswar, Chennai, Gangtok, Guwahai, Kanpur, Kochi, Kolkata
4) 5 October - Durga Puja/Dussehra (Vijaya Dashmi)/Janmotsav of Srimanta Sankardeva - National Holiday
5) 6 October - Durga Puja (Dasain) - Gangtok
6) 7 October - Durga Puja - (Dasain) - Gangtok
7) 8 October - Milad-i-Sherif/Eid-i-Milad-ul-Nabi (Birthday of Prophet Muhammed) - Bhopal, Kochi, Jammu, Srinagar, Tiruvananthpuram
8) 13 October - Karva Chauth - Shimla
9) 14 October - Friday following Eid-i-Milad-ul-Nabi - Jammu, Srinagar
10) 18 October - Kati Bihu - Guwahati
11) 24 October - Kali Puja/Deepavali/Diwali (Laxmi Pujan)/Naraka Chaturdashi - National Holiday
12) 25 October - Laxmi Puja/Deepawali/Govardhan Pooja - Gangtok, Hyderbad, Imphal, Jaipur
13) 26 October - Govardhan Pooja/Vikram Samvant New Year Day/Bhai Bij/Bhai Duj/Diwali (Bali Pratipada)/Laxmi Puja/Accession Day - Ahmedabad, Belapur, Bengaluru, Dehradun, Gangtok, Jammu, Kanpur, Lucknow, Mumbai, Kanpur
14) 27 October - Bhaidooj/Chitragupt Jayanti/Laxmi Puja/Deepawali/Ningol Chakkouba - Gangtok, Imphal, Kanpur, Lucknow
15) 31 October - Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel’s Birthday/Surya Pashti Dala Chhath (Morning ardhya)/Chhath Puja - Ranchi, Patna, Ahmedabad
In September, banks will remain closed on 26 September on account of Navtatri Sthapna/Mera Chaoren Houba of Lainingthou Sanamahi in cities including Jaipur, Imphal.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.