Rupee slumped 26 paise to close at 73.74 against US dollar on Monday
The Indian rupee dived 26 paise to close at a near four-week low of 73.74 against the US dollar on Monday as weaker Asian peers and massive sell-offs in domestic equities weighed on investor sentiment
The Indian rupee dived 26 paise to close at a near four-week low of 73.74 against the US dollar on Monday as weaker Asian peers and massive sell-offs in domestic equities weighed on investor sentiment. Markets reel amid global selloff as central bank meetings loom; Tata Steel tanks 9.5 pc. The Sensex plunged 525 points while the Nifty finished below the 17,400-mark on Monday, reflecting the sombre mood in global markets ahead of a flurry of central bank meetings which are expected to provide cues on the imminent tapering of massive stimulus measures.
See some other top news of Monday:
- Pfizer, BioNTech say trials find COVID vax safe for children of 5-11 yrs New Delhi: Global pharma major Pfizer and BioNTech SE on Monday said trial results of COVID-19 vaccine showed that it is safe and produced a robust neutralizing antibody response in children aged five to 11 years, and they plan to seek regulatory approvals as soon as possible.
- EPFO adds 14.65 lakh members in July
New Delhi: Retirement fund body EPFO recorded net new enrolments of 14.65 lakh in July, giving a perspective of formal sector employment in the country.
- We take allegations of improper actions seriously, investigate them fully: Amazon New Delhi: Amid reports of Amazon probing bribery-related charges against some of its legal representatives in India, the US e-commerce giant on Monday said it takes allegations of improper actions seriously and investigates them fully to take appropriate action.
- Gold marginally higher; silver jumps Rs 98: Gold in the national capital on Monday gained marginally by Rs 14 to Rs 45,080 per 10 gram supported by rupee depreciation, according to HDFC Securities DEL7 BIZ-FACEBOOK-POLICY HEAD-APPT
- Facebook India appoints former IAS officer Rajiv Aggarwal as Head of Public Policy: Facebook India on Monday said it has appointed ex-IAS officer and former Uber executive Rajiv Aggarwal as the Director of Public Policy. DCM45 BIZ-RETAIL INFLATION
- Retail inflation for farm, rural workers eases marginally in August New Delhi: Retail inflation for farm and rural workers eased marginally to 3.9 per cent and 3.97 per cent, respectively in August. DCM42 BIZ-
Videocon insolvency: Lenders make U-turn, want fresh bids New Delhi: After getting rapped for accepting Vedanta group's bid that would give just 5 per cent of their outstanding loans, lenders to Videocon Industries on Monday approached the insolvency appellate tribunal NCLAT seeking fresh bids for the debt-laden consumer durable firm.
- FinMin to kick-start budgetary exercise from Oct 12: The finance ministry will kick-start the exercise to prepare the annual Budget for 2022-23 from October 12 amidst signs of revival of the Indian economy hit hard by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.