- Foreign portfolio investors dump Indian equities worth over Rs 35,000 crore in May so far on US Fed rate hike & dollar appreciat
- Central excise duty cut on petrol, diesel: Check new rates in your city effective today
- GST Council mulling to modify monthly tax payment form for better input tax credit reporting
- Punjab National Bank earns over Rs 645 crore through ATM transaction charges in FY22
- Tata Motors expects domestic passenger vehicle industry to surpass FY19 volumes this fiscal
Petrol, diesel price hikes: Centre mulling immediate solution, says Pradhan
Updated: May 24, 2018 20:48 pm
Union Oil Minister Dharmendra Pradhan said the central government had in October last year reduced the excise on fuel by Rs 2 per litre keeping in view the interest of the poor people. This time the Centre is looking at both short and long term solutions, he said. On the reason behind the rise of petrol and diesel prices in India Pradhan said, "The political difference between two oil producing countries Iran and Venezuela has been a major cause behind the rise in the price of fuel in the international market."