- Foreign portfolio investors dump Indian equities worth over Rs 35,000 crore in May so far on US Fed rate hike & dollar appreciat
- Central excise duty cut on petrol, diesel: Check new rates in your city effective today
- GST Council mulling to modify monthly tax payment form for better input tax credit reporting
- Punjab National Bank earns over Rs 645 crore through ATM transaction charges in FY22
- Tata Motors expects domestic passenger vehicle industry to surpass FY19 volumes this fiscal
Odisha state administration takes initiative to train surrendered Naxals, transgenders in Malkangiri
Updated: June 10, 2019 18:42 pm
Malkangiri district administration in Odisha with the help of state police has initiated a 15-day long training program for surrendered Naxals and transgenders in an attempt to make them self-dependent. The Naxals and transgenders are undergoing the training program for building their physical strength and enhancing their skills. The district administration and police have organised this training program in Malkangiri under the Government's social security and disability department order for surrendered Naxals and transgenders with an aim of holistic development and rehabilitation. Speaking to ANI, a transgender named Durga said, "We used to clap the entire day by roaming here and there in trains and buses but now we decided to choose a different path. We went to our district collector and asked them to help us. Now, we came here for training. We are now getting training for security guards. Along with us, surrendered Naxals are also taking the training."