- Foreign portfolio investors dump Indian equities worth over Rs 35,000 crore in May so far on US Fed rate hike & dollar appreciat
- Central excise duty cut on petrol, diesel: Check new rates in your city effective today
- GST Council mulling to modify monthly tax payment form for better input tax credit reporting
- Punjab National Bank earns over Rs 645 crore through ATM transaction charges in FY22
- Tata Motors expects domestic passenger vehicle industry to surpass FY19 volumes this fiscal
Indian Railways Shatabdi Express train to be replaced? See what is in store for passengers
Updated: March 29, 2018 12:08 pm
Indian Railways is likely to replace its high-speed premium trains Shatabdi Express with its first semi-high speed train, Train 18. Railways will launch it as an inter-city train. Train 18, which will run at a speed of 160km/hour, is equipped with the world-class amenities. Train 18, part of 'make in India' project, is manufactured at ICF (Integral Coach Factory) in Chennai. According to ICF, it will be manufactured at half the cost of a similar train set being imported from other nations.