- Foreign portfolio investors dump Indian equities worth over Rs 35,000 crore in May so far on US Fed rate hike & dollar appreciat
- Central excise duty cut on petrol, diesel: Check new rates in your city effective today
- GST Council mulling to modify monthly tax payment form for better input tax credit reporting
- Punjab National Bank earns over Rs 645 crore through ATM transaction charges in FY22
- Tata Motors expects domestic passenger vehicle industry to surpass FY19 volumes this fiscal
GST overhaul: Govt plans major makeover
Updated: July 1, 2018 11:26 am
The Centre is gearing up to overhaul the Goods and Service Tax (GST) as it inches closer to complete its first anniversary on July 1. The Law Review Committee of GST "has identified around 180 issues" that would be put forth before the GST Council, which thereafter would propose some of these for discussion in the monsoon session of Parliament.