Rail Madad: All Indian railways helpline numbers integrated into one - 139
Rail Madad: 139. Wondering what to do with the number? Suppose you are travelling in a train and suddenly you need help! What will you do? Do you remember which Indian Railway helpline number to dial? You are confused, right? No need to worry! You just dial 139. This is the Rail Madad Helpline Number.
Rail Madad: One helpline number
In order to overcome the multiple helpline numbers, the Railway Ministry has decided to integrate all the Indian Railway helpline numbers into one single number - 139. A single helpline number instead of multiple ones will also help in quick grievance redressal and in resolving other enquiries. Source: PTI
Rail Madad: Social media campaign
Rail Madad: Start date
Rail Madad: Per day calls
Rail Madad: How to use?
As per the press release by the Ministry of Railways, the 139-helpline number will be available in 12 languages. The passengers can opt for IVRS (Interactive Voice Response System) or can connect to the call center executive directly by pressing *.
There is no need of a smart phone to call on 139, thus, providing easy access to all mobile users. Source: PTI
Rail Madad: Details
The menu for 139 Helpline (IVRS) is as follows:
1) For security and medical assistance, a passenger has to press 1, which will connect immediately to a call center executive
2) For enquiry, a passenger has to press 2 and in the sub menu, information about the PNR status, arrival/departure of the train, accommodation, fare enquiry, ticket booking, system ticket cancellation, wake up alarm facility/destination alert, wheelchair booking, meal booking can be obtained
3) For general complaints, a passenger has to press 4
4) For vigilance related complaints, a passenger has to press 5
5) For queries related to parcel and goods, a passenger has to press 6
6) For IRCTC operated trains queries, a passenger has to press 7
7) For knowing about the status of complaints, a passenger has to press 9
8) For talking to call center executive, passenger has to press * Source: PTI