Race 3 box office collection hits Rs 144.51cr mark, becomes Salman Khan’s 6th highest opening week grosser
Race 3 box office collection: Salman Khan starrer Race 3, which is the third instalment in the Race franchise, opened on a decent note, and over its opening weekend the film saw a big jump to make it past the Rs 100 cr mark in just three days. In terms of opening week, Race 3 collection was Rs 144.51 cr. Directed by Remo D’Souza, the latest Salman Khan movie managed to beat his other releases like Bodyguard that collected Rs 115 cr, Tubelight Rs 106.86 cr, Dabangg 2 Rs 106.78 cr, Jai Ho Rs 88.78 cr, and Dabangg that collected Rs 81 cr, but let us also see how his other films, which beat Race 3 collection, performed.
1. Tiger Zinda Hai collection: This Salman Khan and Katrina Kaif movie managed to earn Rs 206.04 cr in the opening week. Ali Abbas Zafar directorial also made a triple century at the box office earning Rs 339.16 crore in 2017. Interestingly, Tiger Zinda Hai glided past the Rs 100 crore mark in just three days, and was the first Bollywood film to achieve this feat so quickly. A sequel to Ek Tha Tiger (2012), Tiger Zinda Hai had Salman Khan wielding guns in his inimitable style as he played the role of a spy. Image source: PTI
2. Bajrangi Bhaijaan collection: In a soft and emotional act, this Salman Khan starrer earned Rs 184.62 cr in week. In the movie, he, as an Indian man, goes out of his way to help a Pakistani girl reunite with her parents. The emotional movie struck a chord with the audiences and it ended up earning Rs 320.34 crore. Directed by Kabir Khan, the film also starred Kareena Kapoor Khan and Nawazuddin Siddiqui. Image source: Reuters
3. Prem Ratan Dhan Payo collection: In the opening week, Prem Ratan Dhan Payo managed to earn Rs 172.82 cr on the box office. In this Sooraj Barjatya family drama, Salman Khan along with Sonam Kapoor, Anupam Kher, Swara Bhasker and Armaan Kohli, managed to reach a new heights at the box office. The film opened with Rs 40.35 crore and collected a total of Rs 210.16 crore. Salman Khan also became the first Bollywood actor to enter the Rs 500 crore club in one year. Image source: Youtube
4. Kick collection: On the box office front, this Salman Khan film in 2014 made a mark with its opening week earnings of Rs 164.09 cr. The Sajid Nadiadwala directorial debut film, featuring Salman Khan and Jacqueline Fernandez, did extremely well at the box office owing to the loyal fan following of the superstar. Also starring Randeep Hooda and Nawazuddin Siddiqui, Kick is a 2014 Indian action heist film was an official remake of the 2009 Telugu movie Kick. The screenplay, adapted by Nadiadwala and Chetan Bhagat, was released on July 25, 2014 in about 5,000 screens worldwide. Image source: india.com
5. Ek Tha Tiger collection: Salman Khan starrer Ek the Tiger, which was prequel to Tiger Zinda Hai, was a massive hit in 2012 with opening week earnings of Rs 154.21 cr. The movie had raked in Rs 32. 93 cr on the first day. The film had an unconventional love story of a RAW and ISI agent and how they abandoned their respective nations to unite for the sake of their love. Image source: Reuters
6. Race 3 collection: Salman Khan made a strong start despite criticism, and manged to earn Rs 144.51 crores in the opening week, luring the public into the cinemas. The film's collection on day 1 stood at Rs 29.17 crore, while expectations were that it would do business in the range of Rs 30 cr to Rs 35 cr. So far in the 9 days, Race 3 has managed to have a box office collection of Rs 153 crore, making the film a hit and also the highest opener in 2018. Image source: DNA India