NIRF Rankings 2019: These are top 10 universities in India; check who tops list
The Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) has released the official NIRF Rankings 2019 and ARIIA Awards. The rankings were announced on April 3, 2019 by President Ram Nath Kovind. National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) has a methodology to rank various institutions across the country. It has been awarding ranks to the universities in a country based on some certain parameters specified by the NIRF. Here are the top 10 universities in the country as per the NIRF Rankings 2019 and ARIIA Awards:
Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru
1. Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru- (Image source: www.iisc.ac.in) -IISc aims to be among the world’s foremost academic institutions through the pursuit of excellence in research and promotion of innovation by offering a world-class education to train future leaders in science and technology and by applying science and technology breakthroughs for India’s wealth creation and social welfare.
Jawaharlal Nehru University
2. Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi-(Photo: www.jnu.ac.in)- Jawaharlal Nehru University is the foremost university in India and a world-renowned centre for teaching and research. Ranked number one in India by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) with a Grade Point of 3.91 (on a scale of 4), JNU was ranked no 3 among all universities in India by the National Institutional Ranking Framework, Government of India, in 2016 and no 2 in 2017. JNU also received the Best University Award from the President of India in 2017.
Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
3. Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi- (Photo: PTI) - Banaras Hindu University, formerly Central Hindu College, is a public central university located in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh. It was established in 1916 by Madan Mohan Malaviya. With over 30,000 students residing in campus, it claims the title of the largest residential university in Asia.
University of Hyderabad
4. University of Hyderabad- (Photo: www.uohyd.ac.in)- The Office of International Affairs at the University of Hyderabad provides leadership, advocacy, and support for University-wide international activities in order to achieve coherence and integration of international programs and services. The mission is accomplished by serving as the focal point for the oversight, coordination, and management of the University's international programs, services, and resources. The University of Hyderabad promotes international exchanges in the firm belief that the fruits of academic research and educational endeavours should benefit all of humanity.
Calcutta University, Kolkata
5. Calcutta University, Kolkata- (Photo: www.caluniv.ac.in)- The University of Calcutta is a collegiate public state university located in Kolkata, West Bengal, India established on 24 January 1857. It was the first institution in Asia to be established as a multidisciplinary and secular Western-style university. Within India it is recognized as a "Five-Star University" And Accredited "A" Grade by National Assessment and Accreditation Council and declared as a "University With Potential For Excellence" & a "Centre with Potential for Excellence In Particular Area" by the University Grants Commission
Jadavpur University, Kolkata
6. Jadavpur University, Kolkata- (Photo:http://www.jaduniv.edu.in/)- Jadavpur University has successfully established itself as a foremost Indian University with a vast repertoire of courses offered, an enviable list of faculty members and has come to be known for its commitment towards advanced study and research.
Anna University, Chennai
7. Anna University, Chennai- (Photo-http://cac.annauniv.edu/) - Anna University is a state technical university in Tamil Nadu, India. The main campus is in Guindy, Chennai and the satellite campus is in Chromepet, Chennai. It was established on 4 September 1978. It is ranked the tenth institution in India overall by the National Institutional Ranking Framework, ranked fourth among universities, and ranked eighth in engineering.
Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham University, Coimbatore
8. Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham University, Coimbatore-(Photo-www.amrita.edu)- Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham is multi-campus, multi-disciplinary research academia that is accredited 'A' by NAAC and is ranked as one of the best research institutions in India. Amrita is spread across six campuses in three states of India - Kerala, Tamil Nadu and Karnataka, with the headquarters at Ettimadai, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu. Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham continuously collaborates with top US universities including Ivy League universities and top European universities for regular student exchange programs and has emerged as one of the fastest growing institutions of higher learning in India.
Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Manipal
9. Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Manipal- (photo-manipal.edu/mu.html) - Manipal- Manipal Academy of Higher Education, formerly known as Manipal University, is a private research institute deemed to be university located in the university town of Manipal, Udupi, Karnataka, India. Manipal Academy of Higher Education has branch campuses in Dubai and Mangalore. It also has sister campuses in Sikkim and Jaipur. It is a member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities.
Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune
10. Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune- (Photo- http://www.unipune.ac.in)- It is the main educational centre of Maharashtra. Numerous students from every corner of India and the world come to Pune. It is a quite safe and peaceful city as compared to other educational centres in India. The climate of Pune is pleasant and good for health. The city of Pune houses many well-known, established institutes and colleges. Savitribai Phule Pune University is one of the finest and most popular educational centres in the city. It offers excellent programs in various areas including Science, Commerce, Arts, Languages and Management Studies.