5 times whopping Mumbai property sales grabbed eye-balls
Mumbai property is expensive! Period. Exactly what kind of heights it can touch though can leave you shocked and awed. Over the recent times, there were 3 luxury home sales in particular that would impress even the richest tycoons. Check them out here:
1. A big ticket deal worth Rs 127.49 crore by Group Managing Director of Welspun, Rajesh Mandawewala, has recently drawn attention in Mumbai. The sea-facing apartment in an upcoming South Mumbai residential tower, constructed by Wadhwa Group and Hubtown, has a total carpet area of 20,989 sq ft. Situated at ‘25 South’ in Prabhadevi, the sea facing flat reportedly has top three floors, 45,46 and 47 of one of the wings, has the super built up area up to 30,000 sq ft.
Rajesh Mandawewala, who will get a total of 14 car parks along with the flats, paid above Rs 6.37 crore ad stamp duty for registering the documents. Image source: DNA
2. This year in March, businessman Niraj Bajaj has paid Rs 120 crore for a 1,587 sqmt apartment in Worli. Bajaj's flat is on the 50th floor in Three Sixty West apartments on Dr Annie Besant Road. According to the DNA report, the Peddar Road-resident paid Rs 6 crore as stamp duty for registration of the flat in Tower A. Bajaj also gets eight car parking slots along with the flat. Niraj Bajaj, associated with Mukand Ltd, reportedly bought the flat in his personal capacity. Image source: realtyscale.com
3. The last such big purchase was acomplished in 2017, when businessman Deven Mehta shelled out Rs 57.45 crore for an apartment in Lodha Altamount at Peddar Road. Lodha Altamount is diagonally opposite Mukesh Ambani’s house Antilia. Deven Mehta is Mumbai based businessman who is the chairman and managing director of Smart Card IT Solutions Ltd. Image source: Youtube
4. This year in July, Anjali Tendulkar, wife of former cricketer Sachin Tendulkar, has bought a property of Rs 7.15 crore at Rustomjee Seasons in Gandhi Nagar, Bandra east. Located on the 16th floor in the B wing of the society, the flat has registered area close to 1,600 sq ft. Anjali's flat was finalised in May, and a stamp duty of Rs 35.79 lakh was paid during the registration, according to DNA report. Anjali gets two car parks along with the flat, which has a carpet area of 1459.38 sq ft. Earlier, Sachin Tendulkar bought a bungalow in Bandra west at a cost of Rs 39 crore. He moved there in 2011, and currently resides there. Image source: Youtube
5. Mehta House in Malabar Hill, where Anjali Tendulkar once stayed, was earlier sold to a businessman for Rs 145 crore in March this year to Satyapal Jain and Gaurav Jain of Mega Trusts. Mehta House was owned by Anand Mehta, a renowned Gujarati industrialist and a former world bridge champion. Anjali is the daughter of Anand Mehta who got married to Annabel Mehta of British origin. Annabel was born and brought up in Mumbai. The total area of the plot is 1321.88 sq mt and the bungalow is a ground plus two storey structure, housing constructed area of 19,650 sq ft. Image source: DNA