We must protect world against weaponisation of artificial intelligence by non-state actors: PM Narendra Modi at RAISE 2020 Summit
PM Narendra Modi on Monday inaugurated the Responsible AI for Social Empowerment (RAISE 2020) Virtual Summit.
PM Narendra Modi on Monday inaugurated the Responsible AI for Social Empowerment (RAISE 2020) Virtual Summit. Addressing the virtual summit, PM Narendra Modi said, "This is a great effort to encourage discussion on Artificial Intelligence. You all have rightly highlighted aspects relating to technology and human empowerment. The teamwork of AI with humans can do wonders for our planet."
Further PM Modi said, "It remains our collective responsibility to ensure trust in how AI is used. Algorithm Transparency is key to establishing this Trust. Equally important is accountability. We must protect the world against weaponisation of AI by Non-State Actors."
Modi added, "The National Educational Technology Forum is being formed. This will create an e-Education unit to boost the digital infrastructure, digital content and capacity."
"We launched ‘Responsible AI for Youth’ program this year in April. Over 11,000 students from schools completed their basic course under this. Now they are building AI projects," Modi added.
Moreover, Modi said, "I see a big role for AI in empowering agriculture, health care, education as well as creating next-generation urban infrastructure and addressing urban issues like reducing traffic jams, improving sewage systems. It can be used for making our disaster management systems stronger."
FULL VIDEO: WATCH - PM Modi inaugurates 'Responsible AI for Social Empowerment 2020' Summit
Addressing the Responsible AI for Social Empowerment (RAISE 2020)' Virtual Summit, Union Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad said, "We welcome Artificial intelligence (AI) because it has enormous potential to generate development and also bring in further equity and delivery."
Prasad added, "AI would become meaningful only when it brings in a palpable improvement in the quality of life of ordinary Indians. Therefore, if Digital Indian was for digital inclusion, we also want AI to further promote that inclusive character of development."
Responsible AI for Social Empowerment (RAISE 2020) Virtual Summit
-On 3rd Oct, Ministry of Electronics and Information technology (MEITY) had unveiled RAISE 2020 – a Global Virtual Summit on Artificial Intelligence (AI) in a press conference organised in Electronics Niketan, New Delhi.
- The MEITY and NITI Aayog are organising the Mega Virtual Summit AI, RAISE 2020- ‘Responsible AI for Social Empowerment 2020,’ from October 5-9, 2020.
- The summit inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, will witness participation from global experts in the field.
- The aim of the summit is to kick-start discussion on the creation of robust AI-powered public infrastructure that benefits all, not just in India but across the world.
- India, one of the founding members of the Global Partnership on Artificial Intelligence, aims to implement AI-based solutions not just domestically but in countries around the world so that these lead to widespread social empowerment and prosperity.
- #AIForAll is at the core of India’s AI strategy and the focus is to build responsible AI for social empowerment, transformation and inclusion.
- Over the course of the five-day summit, several leading AI experts from across the world will deliberate over topics of vital importance like strategies for using AI for social benefit, the importance of creating reliable AI infrastructure and the transformative effect of AI in empowering communities.
- Among the experts participating in the summit will be Professor Daniela Rus, Director of Computer Science and AI lab at MIT, USA, Dr. Milind Tambe, Director, AI for Social Good at Google Research India, Mr. Sandip Patel, MD, IBM India and South Asia, Dr. Jonathan Stuart Russel, Computer Scientist, UC Berkeley, and Ms. Arunima Sarkar, Lead, AI, World Economic Forum, among others.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.