- Stock Market Live News Today: Nifty, Sensex gain over 2% each; bank, metal stocks shine
- RBI Monetary Policy Review: Top 20 statements from Governor Shaktikanta Das' MPC address
- 5G rollout: Xiaomi India shares big update on data packs, plans, bundled offers | Interview
- RBI Monetary Policy: Offline Payment Aggregators come under regulatory purview; on parity now with online peers
- Twitter shares update to make video experience better - Step-by-step guide
Visiting India? e-Visa rules modified - Here's all you need to know
The Ministry of Tourism said it has been working closely with the Home Ministry for easing of the visa regime in the country over a period of time.
The government has made a series of amendments in the e-visa regime, liberalising it further and making it more tourist-friendly, Ministry of Tourism said in a statement. The changes include an increase in duration of e-tourist, e –business visa and multiple entry permits. The Ministry of Tourism said it has been working closely with the Home Ministry for easing of the visa regime in the country over a period of time.
1. Duration of stay in India of e-tourist and e-business visas is maximum up to one year with multiple entries.
2. The government has removed the existing restriction of allowing foreigner for a maximum of three times.
Changes in e-tourist visa
Continuous stay on e-tourist visa during each visit should not exceed 90 days for nationals of countries who are eligible for grant of e-visa except nationals of USA, UK, Canada, and Japan.
In case of USA, UK, Canada and Japan nationals, continuous stay during each visit should not exceed 180 days. If the stay is for a period of less than 180 days, no registration will be required.
Changes in e-business visa:
1. In case of nationals of countries who are eligible for grant of e-visa, continuous stay during each visit should not exceed 180 days.
2. If the stay is for a period of less than 180 days, no registration will be required.
Now, e-visa is valid for entry through two more designated Airports -- Bhubaneswar and Port Blair. With this, 28 airports through which tourists on e-visa will be able to enter the country. Now, a foreign national will be able to attend a wedding under normal e-tourist visa or tourist visa. There is no separate category of destination wedding visa, the statement said. If foreign nationals fall sick during their stay in India can now avail medical treatment without converting their visa into medical visa. This would take care of sudden medical emergencies. Besides that, the government has also extended visa-on-arrival facility to Korea nationals.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.