Vedanta, IndiGo among top stocks to hog limelight today
Sensex today: Foreign portfolio investors (FPIs) bought shares worth a net Rs 2,354.03 crore, while domestic institutional investors (DIIs) offloaded equities to the tune of Rs 712.41 crore, as per provisional data.
The Sensex and Nifty are expected to open lower on Tuesday tracking negative trend in Asian markets which dipped as the markets took a breather after the previous day’s rally, although tech-inspired Wall Street gains helped limit the losses, with investor focus moving away from trade concerns and back to benign economic fundamentals.
At 7:45 am, SGX Nifty was trading at 10,589.50, down 24 points or 0.23 per cent.
On Monday, the Sensex skidded over 215 points as nervous investors took money off the table amid speculation that the RBI may go for a rate hike this week.
Meanwhile, foreign portfolio investors (FPIs) bought shares worth a net Rs 2,354.03 crore, while domestic institutional investors (DIIs) offloaded equities to the tune of Rs 712.41 crore, as per provisional data.
WATCH ZEE BUSINESS VIDEO HERE
Here are five stocks that will remain in focus today:
- PNB: Fitch Ratings downgraded the viability rating (VR) of scam-hit Punjab National Bank to 'b' from 'bb-', and maintained it on rating watch negative (RWN).
- NIIT: Skills and talent development company NIIT today said it has signed a five-year long-term learning and development (L&D) agreement with Pitney Bowes.
- Vedanta: Vedanta said it has deposited an upfront amount of Rs 5,320 crore in the escrow account of Electrosteel Steels Ltd (ESL) following the latter's acquisition through the insolvency process.
- ADF Foods: The board of directors of ADF Foods will meet later today to consider a buyback proposal. Shareholders would be keen to know the issue size, number of shares, price and the process (whether through open market or tender route) of the buyback.
- InterGlobe Aviation: Country's largest airline IndiGo is again battling Pratt & Whitney engine problems, with at least four of its planes experiencing glitches in one week, according to industry sources.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.