- Budget 2022: Will there be more farm loan waivers or enhance in 80C limit in taxation? Here are expectations from 12 sectors
- Budget My Pick: Sharda Cropchem stock is a top buy with 1-year view for analyst Siddharth Sedani; 30% upside expected
- Zee Business news gets Transport Minister's stamp of approval; Nitin Gadkari drafts notification to make 6 airbags mandatory in
- First Electric Bus in Delhi: CM Arvind Kejriwal flags off electric buses today; to introduce 300 e-buses by April
- TCS buyback ki Pathshala: Should you tender shares, process and more—Anil Singhvi answers these 17 questions that investor needs
UTI AMC listing price: Shares debut on stock market at 12 pct discount as compared to issue price
UTI AMC listing price on the (NSE) National Stock Exchange happened today and that too at Rs 500. This was at almost 10% discount to its offer price. On BSE (Bombay Stock Exchange) the stock opened for trading at Rs 490.25,12% discount to its offer price of Rs 554. At a current market price of Rs 504 the company is trading at a market cap of nearly 6400 Cr. Zee Business Managing Editor Anil Singhvi had clearly indicated that investors should avoid this IPO if they are looking for listing gains.
UTI AMC is the third asset management company to get listed on the stock exchanges after Nippon Life India Asset Management and HDFC AMC.
UTI AMC, saw a subdued response to its IPO, the Rs 2,160 cr IPO got subscribed 2.3 times, the lowest overall subscription among IPOs this year. The initial public offer received bids for 6,31,02,348 shares against 2,73,50,957 shares on offer. UTI AMC’s HNI portion was not subscribed fully (93%) while QIB and retail portions were subscribed 3.3 times and 2.3 times respectively.
Incorporated in 2002, UTI AMC, the second largest asset management company in India in terms of total AUM has 4 sponsors (State Bank of India, LIC, Punjab National Bank and Bank of Baroda) and one global investor T Rowe Price International as shareholders.
The Rs 2,160-crore IPO was an offer for sale by the above mentioned shareholders. Hence all the issue proceeds had gone to the shareholders.
UTI AMC manages the domestic mutual funds of UTI Mutual Fund, provides portfolio management services (PMS) to institutional clients and high net worth individuals (HNIs), and manage retirement funds, offshore funds and alternative investment funds. As of June 2020, its total QAAUM for domestic mutual funds was over Rs 1.3 lakh crore, while the other AUM was Rs 8.49 lakh crore.
(Authored by Rahul Kamdar)
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.