UP MLC Election Result 2020 LIVE: BJP vs SP - ALL DETAILS HERE
UP MLC Election Result 2020 LIVE: The ruling BJP won three of the six Uttar Pradesh Legislative Council seats for which results were announced initially on Friday. Altogether, polling was held on 11 seats reserved for graduates and teachers in the biennial elections. HERE ARE ALL THE UP MLC Election Result 2020 LIVE UPDATES:-
-The BJP on Friday won a maximum of three of these seats, Samajwadi Party one, and Independent candidates bagged the remaining two.
-The results for the remaining five seats were expected later in the day, BJP's Umesh Dwivedi, Shrishchandra Sharma and Hari Singh Dhillon were declared winners from Lucknow, Meerut and Bareilly-Moradabad teachers' constituencies, respectively, an official statement issued here said.
-SP candidate Lal Bihari Yadav won from Varanasi teachers' constituency, while Independents Akash Agarwal and Dhruv Kumar Tripathi won from Agra and Faizabad teachers' constituencies, respectively, it said.
-The counting for the 11 seats started on Thursday and the results of the remaining are likely to be announced by Friday evening, officials said.
-The voting for the 11 seats were held on December 1 and a total of 199 candidates were in the fray.
-The BJP, SP, Congress and teachers' associations contested the polls.
-Of the 11 seats, five are graduates' constituencies and six teachers' constituencies.
-The term of office of the MLCs from these constituencies expired on May 6.
- Counting is still on amid tight security
- Counting is on for 11 Uttar Pradesh Legislative Council (MLC) seats
- There are 199 candidates in the fray. BJP, SP, Congress and several teachers' associations are contesting, while the BSP is not participating in the polls.
- The term of office of the 11 MLCs from these constituencies expired on May 6
- Polling stood at 55.47 per cent as voters exercised their franchise in the election for 11 seats of the Uttar Pradesh Legislative Council on Tuesday, the state election commission had said.
-Voting went on from 8 am to 5 pm.
- In Farrukhabad district, reports had stated that supporters of the Samajwadi Party and BJP candidates were involved in a clash.
-According to election officials, 41.56 per cent votes were cast for the Agra graduates constituency, 41.10 for Allahabad-Jhansi graduates constituency, 36.74 for Lucknow graduates seat, 42.86 for Meerut graduates seat and 39.33 for Varanasi graduates seat.
- As many as 70.78 per cent votes were cast for Agra teachers' constituency, 73.48 for Bareilly-Moradabad, 73.94 for Gorakhpur-Faizabad, 58.99 for Lucknow Teachers seat, 62.60 for Meerut and 68.83 for Varanasi teachers' seat.
- In Mohammadabad booth of Farrukhabad, supporters of the SP and BJP candidates clashed during the polling in which senior Sub Inspector Hariom Tripathi who rushed there to resolve the matter got pushed. The rival groups were later pacified.
- In Rajepur area of Farrukhabad, BJP leader Vibhavesh Singh alleged that when he was casting his vote, SI Rama Shankar snatched and tore his ballot paper. Senior officers later removed the SI from the spot to bring the tempers down.
- Farrukhabad SP Dr Anil Kumar Misra said a voter and polling agent clashed at the polling booth in Mohammadabad.
- Both persons were brought to the police station from where they were later let off on a personal bond, the SP said, adding that he is not yet aware of the incident regarding the tearing of ballot paper in Rajepur.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.