- DA Hike: Government raises Dearness Allowance of Central Government employees by 4% to 38%
- Bank of Baroda rolls out Khushiyon ka Tyohaar as festive season begins details
- Torrent Pharma share price falls 5.5% on pricey deal with Curatio Healthcare – know what brokerages say
- Electric two-wheeler maker Motovolt Mobility plans to invest Rs 200 crore for expansion
- Spike in oil price breaking India's back: S Jaishankar after talks with Antony Blinken
Union Cabinet clears Bill on instant triple talaq
A bill on Triple Talaq was cleared by the Union Cabinet on Friday, ahead of it being taken up in the Winter Session of Parliament.
The Muslim Women (Protection of Rights on Marriage) Bill, 2017, is popularly known as a bill on `Triple Talaq`, a form of oral divorce among the Muslims. According to government sources, the Bill has provision for punishment for this form of divorce.
The bill will also give women right to seek maintenance in case of Triple Talaq.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.