UDAN: Boosting regional air connectivity! Hyderabad-Nashik SpiceJet flight flagged off | Check schedule, arrival and departure timetable
Taking the next stride in boosting regional aerial connectivity in India under RCS-UDAN (Regional Connectivity Scheme – Ude Desh Ka Aam Nagrik) of the Government of India, the second direct flight commenced operations on Friday from Hyderabad, Telangana to Nashik, Maharashtra.
The flight schedule is mentioned below:
RCS-UDAN: Hyderabad-Nashik route
- The Hyderabad – Nashik route received a massive demand from the passengers owing to the trade & tourism opportunities possessed by the Nashik city.
- Nashik is also called the city of pilgrimage.
- It is one of the 4 pilgrimage sites that organises Kumbh Mela which is held once every 12 years.
- The gateway city for the Shirdi Sai Temple and Trimbakeshwar Temple, Nashik in itself is a pilgrim tourist destination due to the presence of holy temples.
- Moreover, it is also known as the Grape and Wine capital of India.
- Furthermore, the city is home to Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) Aircraft Division Nashik that manufactures MiG & Su aircraft along with K-13 missiles.
- In addition to these, Nashik has also been a cluster for many big manufacturers like Mahindra & Mahindra, Bosch, ABB, Crompton Greaves, ThyssenKrupp, CEAT, etc.
So far, 297 routes and 53 airports have been operationalized under the UDAN scheme.
Chhagan Bhujbal, Guardian Minister, Nashik, Hemant Godse, Member of Parliament, Nashik, Surah Mandhare, District Collector, Nashik, Sunil Patil, Superintendent of Police Nashik Rural along with Manish Rawal, Chairman Infrastructure Committee NIMA Nashik & Seshagiri Rao, CEO, HAL Airport Nashik flagged off the flight operations at the Nashik Airport. The officials of the Ministry of Civil Aviation (MoCA) and the Airport Authority of India (AAI) were also present at the launch.
Post the successful launch of flight operations by Alliance Air on the Hyderabad – Nashik route, SpiceJet has become the second airline to commence direct flight operations on this route. SpiceJet was awarded the Hyderabad – Nashik route under the RCS-UDAN-2 bidding process. The airline is being provided Viability Gap Funding (VGF) under the UDAN scheme to keep the fares affordable & accessible for the common people. The airline will be operating four weekly flights and will deploy its 78-seater Q400 aircraft. Nashik is the 14th destination to be connected under UDAN by SpiceJet.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.