Train ticket booking offers: Western Railway is giving discounts on digital payments
Train Ticket Booking Offer: The Indian Railways has been offering discounts on train tickets for those who make payment using digital methods like BHIM and recharge of R-Wallet.
Train Ticket Booking Offer: Very few people would believe if you tell them that they can get a discount on Indian Railways train tickets. But this is true. The Indian Railways has been offering discounts on train tickets for those who make payment using digital methods like BHIM. The Western Railway has also been offering similar discounts on digital payments. Now the WR has decided to extend the offer for six months. "Western Railway has decided to further extend for six months the provision of 0.5% discount on the digital payment of total fare on Season Tickets (Monthly, Quarterly, Half Yearly and Yearly) to customers of the suburban section up to 30th September, 2019," it said.
It has also decided to extend the facility of 5% bonus on R-Wallet. "To promote the UTS App, Western Railway has decided to extend the facility of 5% bonus on every recharge of R-Wallet up to 24th August 2019," it added.
The R-Wallet or Railway-Wallet is the digital purse in the UTS mobile app where you can keep your money meant for the purchase of train tickets. The UTS mobile app helps rail passengers in buying e-tickets for unreserved short and long-distance journeys. All six divisions of the WR have the facility of online UTS App available.
Some of the Salient Features of UTS App:
1. Easy to download from Google Play Store, i-OS or Windows app store free of cost.
2. All unreserved and season tickets can be booked.
3. Simplified App with ‘Quick booking’ option.
4. Options for both paperless and paper ticket (through ATVM or booking window) available.
5. Dedicated Customer Care no.138.
6. Ticket payments can be easily made through inbuilt “R-Wallet” or through Paytm, Mobikwik, Freecharge.
7. “R-Wallet” can be easily recharged from all non-suburban UTS booking windows as well as online on website www.utsonmobile.indianrail.gov.in through any Debit card, Net Banking and UPI mode.
To use UTS app and R-Wallet, you will be required to register his/her mobile number for Unreserved Railway Ticket Booking. This is one-time activity and after successful registration, you will receive a four digit MPIN as password which can be used for UTSonMobile Application as well as for UTS Mobile Ticketing Website.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.