- Double-digit salary hike! Survey says salaries in India likely to rise by this much in 2023
- Apple Diwali offer 2022 date and time: Instant cashback, free gifts, no cost EMI on iPhone, other products
- PVR-INOX merger update: Deal likely to be completed by February next year
- 2022 Mahindra Scorpio-N deliveries begin: Check price, features, variants, colours
- Stock Market Today 26th Sep 2022: Top Gainers and Losers - What investors should know
TRAI TV channel price list calculator: Save money, find out how much your favourite channels will cost
The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) has come up with a new platform that allows users to select their preferred channels and find out how much they will cost.
The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) has come up with a new platform that allows users to select their preferred channels and find out how much they will cost. The application lets users choose channels of their choice and inform them about the MRP (Maximum Retail Price) of their selection. The users can access the application through the official TRAI website and has been designed to help customers make an informed decision. This comes after TRAI announced its new new regulatory framework in March 2017 which will come into effect on December 29, 2018.
The date was later extended to January 31 and recently, TRAI even announced that users have an option to chose channels on a-la-carte basis for the base pack of 100 SD channels. The users can now choose between free-to-air channels, pay channels, bouquet of pay channels or any combination thereof for the base pack.
The base pack has been priced at Rs 130 (Rs. 153.40 after taxes) and offers 100 channels. Here is how to find out how much your favourite channels will cost:
1. Go to the official website of TRAI and open Channel Selector Application.
2. Tap on 'Get Started' button at the bottom of the page. The app will ask users to fill details like name, state of residence and genre preference.
3. It will then list channels based on the preference.
4. The users can select channels of their choice and leave out others.
5. The app will calculate the price of these channels and will show it on the right side of the page.
The application comes with filters such as price, HD/SD, genre, broadcaster, and language. It is useful for the customers who are trying to adapt to new TRAI framework. It also has an Optimise button on the View Selection page that gives users cheaper package, curated by TRAI, based on the selections.
Apart from Tata Sky, all major operators - DishTV, Airtel Digital TV, and Hathaway - have announced channel prices and bouquet details to ease migration for consumers.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.