These 5 trains are changing the face of Indian Railways; From Tejas Express to Mahamana Express, check out the style icons
Indian Railways has not only launched trains and coaches equipped with modern amenities but has also looked to improve the shabby infrastructure. New trains have been designed keeping passenger comfort in mind.
In the last four years, the Narendra Modi government has been on a mission to overhaul the Indian Railways. The government has not only launched trains and coaches equipped with modern amenities but has also looked to improve the shabby infrastructure. New trains have been designed keeping passenger comfort in mind. Check out these 5 trains:
1. Anubhuti Coaches: Attached to the Mumbai-Ahmedabad Shatabdi Express, these coaches are fitted with aircraft like features. It has reclining seats with footrest, LCD displays fitted at the back of every seat, automatic compartment sliding doors, attendant call button for each seat, USB mobile charging and laptop charging sockets, and modular toilets with the improved interior finish and touch-free taps.
2. Tejas Express: Tejas Express is a state of the art train capable of running at the speed of 200 kmph with ultra modern amenities. It run between Mumbai and Karmali. The train boasts features like comfortable seats, LCD screen for each passenger, automatic entrance plug type doors, bio-vacuum toilets, touchless water taps, soap dispenser, marble finish anti-graffiti coating, hand dryers, vinyl wrapped specially designed exteriors, electro-pneumatic air brakes, fire & smoke detection and suppression system, CCTV cameras, redesigned backrest with higher height, redesigned armrest, tea and coffee vending machines.
3. Humsafar Express: This is a fully air-conditioned 3-tier AC service train. The trains are running with a composition of 16 AC 3 Tier coaches and 2 Power cars. The train has many modern features including single-piece side lower berth (previously 2 pieces), mobile charging point for each berth, reading lights for each berth, improved ladders for access to upper berths, baby nappy changing pad in 2 toilets per coach, aesthetically pleasing colour scheme with anti-graffiti coating, improved/hygienic toilets, film type mirrors, sleek bottle holders in the cabins, integrated braille displays for the visually impaired, hygienic lavatories with odour flushing system, and food vending machine and mini pantry with oven and fridge.
4. UDAY Express: Utkrisht Double Decker Air-Conditioned Yatri (UDAY) Express runs between Coimbatore-Bengaluru, Bandra-Jamnagar, and Visakhapatnam-Vijayawada. The business class double-decker train has features like reclining seats, onboard WiFi, dining space on middle deck area, food vending machine, anti-graffiti vinyl wrapping, and diffused LED lights.
Watch: Indian Railways' New Timetable to Ensure Punctuality
5. Mahamana Express: The train features coaches built on Model Rake Project. The new Model Rake developed is a refurbished and re-adapted version of seven types of coaches which have been serving for the past 10-12 years on Indian Railways. Some of the special features of the Model Rake include modular panels without visible screws, use of superior material for panels in terms of toxicity index and fire retardation, ergonomically designed ladders for climbing up to upper berths, LED lights, more charging ports, fire extinguisher in all coaches, and aesthetically appealing toilet modules featuring big mirror, platform washbasin, controlled discharged water tap, odour control system, exhaust fan, LED lights, dustbin inside the toilet to name a few.