- Oil & Gas sector set for sharp earnings drop in Q2 amid lower GRMs, other factors; what brokerage recommends on IGL, BPCL, IOCL
- Redmi Pad Unboxing, first look in PICS: Check price in India, colour options, specs and availability
- No charge for RuPay credit card use on UPI for transaction up to THIS amount, confirms NPCI
- Stocks to Buy in October: SBI Cards, Airtel among 5 stocks that may yield up to 29% returns
- PM Modi inaugurates Rs 1470-cr AIIMS Bilaspur in Himachal Pradesh; to lay foundation for projects worth Rs 3650 cr soon
Viswasam vs Petta collections: Thala Ajith-Rajinikanth clash rains money at Tamil Nadu Box Office
Petta vs Viswasam box office collection: Rajinikanth's Petta and Ajith's Viswasam have set the cash registers ringing at the box office.
Petta vs Viswasam box office collection: Rajinikanth's Petta and Ajith's Viswasam have set the cash registers ringing at the box office. Rajinikanth and Ajith, the two mighty figures of the film industry in Tamil Nadu, have been successful in attracting the audience in large numbers to the theatres. In Tamil Nadu only, Petta and Viswasam have earned whopping Rs 235 crore, according to reports. Of the total earnings of the two films, Rs 200 crore revenue came in the first 22 odd days in the state.
Karthik Subbaraj-directed Petta has garnered Rs 109.5 crore in Tamil Nadu, while Viswasam collected Rs 125.5 crore. Viswasam is likely to become the second highest-grossing film in the state, behind SS Rajamouli's Baahubali: The Conclusion. Even after 30 days of its release, Viswasam is still running in more than 200 screens in Tamil Nadu. Movies such as Baahubali: The Beginning, Baahubali: The Conclusion, Kadaikutty Singam and Kanchana 2 only have seen such success.
Rajinikanth's and Thala Ajith's films releasing at the same date was first such incident and both the films have registered good numbers at the box office. Even as these two films have done well, solo Diwali release blockbusters of Thalapathy Vijay such as Mersal and Sarkar could not create much curiosity among the audience.
On the first day of its release, Petta took lead in Chennai city Rs 1.12 cr, while Viswasam earned 0.88 cr. Overall Viswasam did better than Petta in the state. Petta had beaten Viswasam outside Tamil Nadu on the first day of its release. The Rajinikanth starrer had done well outside Tamil Nadu and also earned big amount in the overseas market.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.