- Air India Divestment: Tatas to take home ‘Maharaja' on January 27; DIPAM, Finance Ministry officials will be involved
- LIVE: Budget 2022 Expectations on Income Tax, Real Estate, Salaried Employees, Tax Slabs Changes, 80C, GST, MSMEs, IT and more
- Zomato versus Swiggy: Swiggy valuation stands at $10.7 billion; why is Zomato in focus? - Check this report here
- Maruti Suzuki Q3 Results: Net profit falls 48% to Rs 1,042 crore
- Sebi introduces framework for Special Situation Funds for investment in stressed assets
Sensex recovers 109 points on global cues
The market benchmark BSE Sensex recovered over 109 points in early trade today on widespread gains amid a firming trend at other Asian bourses following another record closing of the US markets.
The 30-share barometer was quoting 109.11 points, or 0.38 % higher at 28,264.67. The gauge had lost 196.06 points in the previous two sessions.
Major gainers that contributed to the upsurge were Tata Motors, Sun Pharma, Infosys, SBI, Maruti Suzuki, GAIL, RIL, Wipro, NTPC and Cipla.
TCS surged 1.36 % to Rs 2,448.60 following reports of company's share buyback plan.
Also, the NSE Nifty rose by 26.75 points, or 0.30 %, to 8,751.45.
Equity brokers said trading sentiments buoyed largely in tandem with gains at other Asian markets after the US markets closed at another record high in yesterday's trade.
In the rest of Asia, Hong Kong's Hang Seng rose 0.31 % while Shanghai's Composite Index up 0.13 % in early trade today. Japan's Nikkei, however, edged down 0.62 %.
The US Dow Jones Industrial Average ended 0.52 % higher in yesterday's trade.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.