SBI waives off loans of Pulwama martyrs, expedites release of insurance money to kin
The State Bank of India has reached out to the kin of Pulwama Attack martyrs by waiving off the outstanding loan of the soldiers with an immediate effect.
The State Bank of India has reached out to the kin of Pulwama Attack martyrs by waiving off the outstanding loan of the soldiers with an immediate effect. India's largest commercial lender has also expedited the release of the insurance of Rs 30 lakh provided to all CRPF personnel under the SBI Defence Salary Package. In tweet hashtagged #SBIStandsByOurSoldiers, SBI listed its initiatives for the martyrs' families:
- Insurance of Rs 30 lakh for all CRPF personnel under SBI Defence Salary package and expedited release of funds to the next of kin.
- Waiver of the soldiers' outstanding loans with immediate effect.
- Creation of a UPI for the Bharat Ke Veer initiative.
- Setting up of an alternative mode of contribution by logging into onlinesbi.com and then following the path, Payment/Transfer -.Donations - Bharat Ke Veer.
- Voluntary contributions from SBI employees, through the official GoI portal https://bharatkeveer.gov.in
Anyone willing to extend support to the families of the martyrs can contribute through the SBI-led UPI Virtual Payment Address (VPA): bharatkeveer@sbi.
"To make contribution for the families of India’s bravehearts now you can simply scan the QR code given below. You may also contribute at http://bharatkeveer.gov.in or through UPI using VPA- bharatkeveer@sbi," SBI said in a tweet.
“In this moment of grief, our sincere thoughts are with the families of our bravehearts. These initiatives by the Bank are a small gesture towards the families who have faced irreparable loss.” - Shri. Rajnish Kumar, Chairman SBI. https://t.co/IL24AMuHWg#SBIStandsByOurSoldiers pic.twitter.com/7jUBuJk5cb
— State Bank of India (@TheOfficialSBI) February 18, 2019
Earlier, SBI had appealed, "Let's all come together to make a difference, through the #BharatKeVeer initiative by the Government of India. You can help the bereaved families by contributing at https://bharatkeveer.gov.in or through UPI using VPA- bharatkeveer@sbi."