- Foreign portfolio investors' exodus continues for 9th month; withdraw Rs 50,203 cr from equity market in June - know reasons
- Windfall tax to recoup most of Rs 1 lakh cr revenue lost in excise cuts, industry sources say
- D-Mart Q1 revenue jumps almost 2-fold to Rs 9,806.89 cr
- This Android malware switches off Wi-Fi and drain mobile wallet
- North Korea says US, South Korea-Japan agreement materialises US plan for 'Asian NATO'
Removed! Parvez Ahmad no longer J&K Bank Chairman; RK Chibber appointed interim chief
In a major development, the Jammu and Kashmir government Saturday removed J&K Bank Chairman Parvez Ahmad.
In a major development, the Jammu and Kashmir government Saturday removed J&K Bank Chairman Parvez Ahmad. Moreover, the J&K government appointed R K Chibber as interim chairman of the lender.
According to an order issued by Additional Secretary, Finance, Vishal Sharma, "Parvez Ahmad, Chairman cum Managing Director, shall cease to be Director on the Board of Directors of the Bank and consequently be no longer the Chairman cum Managing Director of the board."
"R K Chibber has been appointed as the interim chairman and director on the board of directors," the order added. "R K Chibber is hereby nominated as the Director on the Board and may be further appointed as the interim Chairman cum Managing Director of the Board," it added.
Chibber will replace Ahmad, who was appointed in 2016 as the chairman of the bank.
Sharma said the directions shall come into effect immediately.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.