- Rakesh Jhunjhunwala portfolio's net worth drops by 25% or Rs 8300 cr in 3 months owing to weak market
- Zomato-Blinkit Deal: Food aggregator accused of not sharing information about deal on time; Investors file complaint with SEBI
- Delhi government monsoon session commences today; salary hike of ministers, MLAs on the cards
- National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority fixes retail prices of 84 drug formulations
- Twitter Blue users on Android can now customise navigation bar
Relief for Cyclone Fani victims: Due dates for TDS compliance extended
Several steps have been taken to lighten the burden on the victims of Fani
Earlier this month, Odisha had to withstand cyclone Fani, which left a trail of destruction across the state. As many as 1.2 million residents were evacuated from the vulnerable coastal areas due to prior warnings. However, the cyclone made its way through the coast and destructed property that came in its way. Since the cyclone was of high amplitude, the path to recovery is small and slow. Several steps have been taken to lighten the burden on the victims of Fani, additional steps have been taken to help redevelop the affected area.
Keeping in view the hardship that the deductors faced due to breakdown of communication systems, the Central Board of Direct Taxes has taken certain steps to ease the load of TDS compliance to the deductors.
1. The due date for depositing tax deducted at source (TDS) for the month of April, 2019 has been extended from May 7, 2019 to May 20 2019.
2. The due date for filing of Quarterly Statement of TDS for the last quarter of Financial Year 2018- 2019 has been shifted by one month from May 31, 2019 to June 30 2019.
3. The due date for the issue of TDS certificates in Form 16 and 16A has been advanced from June 15, 2019 to July 15 2019.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.