Recruitment 2019: Naval Ship Repair Yard is hiring! Here is how you can apply
The final selection will be based on the merit list prepared in accordance with all the tests conducted by the selection body.
A notification has been released by the Naval Ship Repair Yard, Kochi, for the post of Apprentice. The vacancies are available for both male as well as female candidates. The eligible candidates are supposed to submit their applications in the prescribed format, on the scheduled date. The candidates are required to send across their application offline addressed to Admiral Superintendent, Naval Ship Repair Yard, Naval Base, Kochi -682004.
- Last Date of Application: July 23 2019
- Commencement of Training: October 15 2019
The total vacancies for Apprentice are 172, spread across various departments. There is reservation quota of 1:10 for SC, 1:100 for ST and 3% for physically handicapped candidates,
- Electrician :13 seats
- Electronic Mechanic :17 seats
- Machinist : 9 seats
- Turner : 7 seats
- Welder :10 seats
- Painter (General) : 8 seats
- Electroplater :5 seats
- Mechanic Motor Vehicle : 2 seats
- Mechanic Refrigeration and Air Conditioning : 8 seats
- Fitter :18 seats
- Computer Operation of Programming Assistant :13 seats
- Shipwright or Carpenter :12 seats
- Sheet Metal Worker : 8 seats
- Diesel Mechanic :16 seats
- Tailor (General) : 4 seats
- Cutting and Sewing Machine Operator : 4 seats
- Mechanic Instrument : 6 seats
- Electrician : 6 seats
- Mechanic Radio and Rodar Aircraft : 6 seats
- Candidate must be 10th passed.
- The candidate must have ITI certificate in relevant trade with 65% Marks.
The candidates should be 21 years as on October 1 2019. The limit relaxation on age for certain categories are:
i)SC/ST candidates: 5 years
ii) OBC candidates: 3 years
iii) Persons with disability: 10 years (PWD+OBC= 13 years; PWD+SC/ST= 15 years)
The candidates will be paid a monthly stipend as per extant government rules and regulations.
The candidates who apply for the position will be selected on the basis of merit. Post that, the candidates will be asked to appear for a written test and an oral exam by call letters. Candidates who qualify the examination will be issued a Medical Examination Forms (MEF) and Police Clearance Certificate (PCC). The final selection will be based on the merit list prepared in accordance to all the tests conducted by the selection body.