Recruitment 2018: Top 10 points to know about these new government jobs vacancies
Under the bureaucratic structure, Joint Secretaries function at a crucial level of senior management in the government of India. They lead policy making as well as implementation of various programmes and schemes of the department assigned to them.
The PM Narendra Modi-led government has taken the initiative to give an opportunity to people even from private sector to work within the central government employees structure by opening senior-level bureaucratic posts in several departments at joint secretary level. The government has has stated the opportunity is for "talented and motivated Indian nationals" willing to contribute towards nation building. Interested candidates can submit online application at lateral.nic.in. Here are 10 points to elaborate these new government jobs vacancies:
1.The NDA government has taken a path-breaking decision to open senior-level bureaucratic posts in several departments to people, even from the private sector, who are "talented and motivated", and willing to contribute towards nation building.
2. An advertisement published in leading newspapers stated that the government is looking for 10 "outstanding individuals", even from the private sector, with expertise in the areas of revenue, financial services, economic affairs, agriculture, cooperation and farmers' welfare, road transport and highway, shipping, environment, forests and climate change, new and renewable energy, civil aviation and commerce.
3.The Department of Personnel and Training, which issued the circular, said, "The Government of India invites talented and motivated Indian nationals willing to contribute towards nation building to join the government at the level of Joint Secretary."
4.This lateral recruitment to senior positions in the government will be on a contract period of three years from the date of commencement of service. This contract can be extended up to five years depending upon the performance of the appointed person.
5. Under the bureaucratic structure, Joint Secretaries function at a crucial level of senior management in the government of India. They lead policy making as well as implementation of various programmes and schemes of the department assigned to them.
6.These Joint Secretaries report to the secretary/additional secretary in the ministry or department and are normally appointed from all India services like the IAS, IPS, IFS and other allied services.
7. Under the lateral recruitment, the criteria for applicants include minimum age of 40 years as on July 1, 2018, graduate from a recognized university or institute, their higher qualifications would be an added advantage. Officers of any state or Union Territories government who are already working at an equivalent level or are eligible for appointment to equivalent level in their cadre, with relevant experience, are also eligible to apply for the said post.
8. The individuals working at comparable levels in public sector undertakings, autonomous bodies, statutory organisations, universities, recognised research institutes with a minimum of 15 years of experience, are also eligible to submit their application. Besides, those individuals who are working at comparable levels in private sector companies, consultancy organisations, international or multinational organisations with a minimum of 15-year-experience can also apply.
9. According to the government circular, the Selected applicants shall be placed at the beginning of the pay scale as applicable to a joint secretary, which is Rs 1,44,200-Rs 2,18,200 per month (Level 14 of Pay Matrix), besides being eligible for all allowances and facilities as applicable to the equivalent level in the Government of India. The government will exclusive right to place deserving appointees at an appropriate level within the scale of pay.
Watch this Zee Business video
10. Notably, all such appointees will be deemed to be public servants for the purpose of the CCS (Conduct) Rules and such other statutes as notified by the government from time to time. The shortlisted candidates will have appear before the selection committee for a personal interaction. Interested candidates' applications must reach by July 30. The employment contract can be terminated by either side with a minimum notice period of three months.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.