- RBI extends implementation of card tokenisation norms by 3 months; deadline extended till 30 September
- EXCLUSIVE: 'Noida International Airport at Jewar to be jewel in crown of Indian aviation sector' - Know what all is coming up at
- D-Street Corner: Market gains 2.7% in highly volatile week, investors richer by 5.5 lakh cr; what should investors do on Monday?
- Sebi allows UPI payment option to invest in public issues of REITs, InvITs with effect from 1 August
- Netflix lays off 450 employees in two months—Here's what's bothering OTT giant
RCS UDAN Scheme: Big boost for Northeast tourism, economy - Bids invited for 30 airports | Check benefits
Major step to boost connectivity in the northeastern states!
In a major step to boost connectivity in the northeastern states, the Centre has invited bids from companies to provide air services to 6 underserved and 24 unserved airports under the fourth round of the regional air connectivity (RCS) Udan scheme.
"The ministry has also recognised one water aerodrome location that is up for bidding in the region," the Ministry of Civil Aviation said in a statement. "The move will not only boost tourism but will also transform economic situation of the region," the statment added.
25 per cent extra to airlines!
Besides, the ministry under Udan 4 scheme is providing additional Viability Gap Funding (VGF) of around 25 per cent extra to airlines.
As per the statement, the Centre will bear 90 per cent of VGF and remaining 10 per cent will be borne by state governments.
"MoCA aims to operationalise 1,000 routes and more than 100 airports in the next five years. This would be achieved by focusing on operationalising routes in priority areas," the ministry said.
"AAI would focus on developing the no-frills airports in the future and routes connecting such airports would be prioritised for the award of VGF. The market would be incentivised to develop short-haul routes only, providing connectivity to nearby airports."
On Tuesday, the Centre invited bids for the fourth round of the RCS-Udan scheme with focus on priority areas like the northeastern and hill states, the Union Territories of Ladakh and Jammu and Kashmir and islands.
The scheme provides various concessions to the selected airline operators to operate routes under the RCS-Udan from Centre and state governments. Accordingly, the fourth round of the scheme features revision of the VGF cap.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.