- Inflation may fall to 5.2 pc next fiscal on normal rains, ease in supplies: RBI report
- Navratan SIP on Zee Business: Buy Avanti Feeds Limited Share - Check price target
- Govt to set up 100 5G labs to promote innovation: IT Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw
- Indian Railways' 148 trains fully cancelled; Duronto rescheduled, Humsafar Express diverted - Check IRCTC refund rule
- Further rate hike to hit real estate sector badly, says realtors' body Credai
RBI slaps Rs 5 cr penalty; targets Corporation Bank, State Bank of India (SBI), Bank of Baroda
The Reserve Bank on Wednesday imposed penalties of Rs 5 crore on four public sector banks including SBI and Corporation Bank for violation of various banking norms.
The Reserve Bank on Wednesday imposed penalties of Rs 5 crore on four public sector banks including SBI and Corporation Bank for violation of various banking norms. The monetary penalty on the banks has been imposed for non-compliance with various directions issued by RBI on monitoring of end use of funds, exchange of information with other banks, classification and reporting of frauds, and on restructuring of accounts, RBI said in a statement.
A penalty of Rs 2 crore has been imposed on Corporation Bank and Rs 1 crore each State Bank of India (SBI), Bank of Baroda and Union Bank of India.
The RBI, however, added the fines are based on deficiencies in regulatory compliance and is not intended to pronounce upon the validity of any transaction or agreement entered into by the banks with their customers.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.