PM Narendra Modi in Varanasi today, set to inaugurate India's first 'Inland Waterways Terminal' on Ganga, plus Ring Road, Babatpur Airport Road
Prime Minister Narendra Modi is in Varanasi today, his Lok Sabha constituency, which is set to get a massive infrastructural boost, as the premier will inaugurate India's first one waterway terminal and two national highways.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi is in Varanasi today, his Lok Sabha constituency, which is set to get a massive infrastructural boost, as the premier will inaugurate India's first one waterway terminal and two national highways. Completion of these projects is in line with his promise of transforming the holy city of Varanasi into an economically vibrant, cleaner and better city. As the 2019 General elections is around the corner, successful completion of these projects will give prime minister's chances of winning another term in Lok Sabha from here a boost. Union minister Nitin Gadkari and Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath would also attend the inaugural ceremony. Here are the highlights of PM Modi's agenda today:
1. PM Modi will inaugurate `Inland Waterways Terminal`on Ganga and the `Ring Road and Babatpur Airport Road`in the city.
2. The 16.55 km Varanasi Ring Road Phase I has been completed at a cost of Rs 759.36 crore.
3. The four-laning work and construction of 17.25-km Babatpur-Varanasi road on NH-56 (National Highway-56) cost Rs 812.59 crore.
4. The Ring Road will provide an easier and more convenient access to Buddhist pilgrimage site Sarnath.
Watch this Zee Business video here:
5. Inland waterway terminal is the first of the 4 multi-modal terminals being constructed on the Ganga river.
6. This is part of the World Bank-aided Jal Marg Vikas project of the Inland Waterways Authority of India.
7. Three other terminals are under construction at Sahibganj, Haldia and Gazipur.
8. This project would enable commercial navigation of vessels with capacity of 1,500-2,000 deadweight tonnes.