PM Modi launches UPI app BHIM; here's how to use it
All the banks, which are currently live on UPI, have been listed in the Bharat Interface for Money app.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday launched a new mobile application called 'Bharat Interface for Money (BHIM)' in order to give a push to digital payments.
BHIM is interoperable with other Unified Payment Interface (UPI) applications, and bank accounts. BHIM is developed by the National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI), as per the application's summary given at Playstore.
Currently, the application is available only on Android and the iOS version will be available soon.
How to use the app?
1. Download app from Play store.
2. Select your bank
3. Register your bank account with BHIM
4. Set a UPI PIN for the bank account.
5. Your mobile number is your payment address (PA).
6. You will get a pop-up asking managing your phone calls and SMSs.
7. Once done, it will ask for verification of your mobile number which is linked with your bank.
8. Then you will get a Verification message once it is verified.
9. Select 'Lets get started'.
10. Read the instructions and press 'Next'
What you can do with the app?
--Send / Receive Money: Send money to or receive money from friends, family and customers through a mobile number or payment address. Money can also be sent to non UPI supported banks using IFSC and MMID. You can also collect money by sending a request and reverse payments if required.
--Check Balance: You can check your bank balance and transactions details on the go.
--Custom Payment Address: You can create a custom payment address in addition to your phone number.
--QR Code: You can scan a QR code for faster entry of payment addresses. Merchants can easily print their QR Code for display.
--Transaction Limits: Maximum of Rs. 10,000 per transaction and Rs. 20,000 within 24 hours.
As per the app's official website, all the banks, which are currently live on UPI, have been listed in the Bharat Interface for Money app. Currently, the application is available in two language: Hindi and English. More languages will be added soon in the app.