PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana: Rs 6000/year to all farmers, promises BJP manifesto 2019
BJP Manifesto 2019: The benefits of Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana will be extended to all farmers of the country if Narendra Modi government returns to power after Lok Sabha elections 2019.
BJP Manifesto 2019: The benefits of Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana will be extended to all farmers of the country if Narendra Modi government returns to power after Lok Sabha elections 2019, BJP has promised in its "Sankalp Patra", or manifesto. "We have launched Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana to ensure financial support to farmers owning land up to 2 hectares. We will further expand the coverage of the scheme to all the farmers in the country," said the BJP manifesto, which was released today in the presence of PM Narendra Modi, BJP chief Amit Shaha, Home Minister Rajnath Singh, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley and others.
PM Kisan Samman Nidhi currently provides Rs 6000/year to small and marginal farmers. BJP has also made several other announcements for farmers and the agriculture sector. These are:
- A pension scheme for all small and marginal farmers in the country so as to ensure social security to them on reaching 60 years of age.
- Making an investment of Rs. 25 lakh crore to improve the productivity of the farm sector.
- Short-term new agriculture loans up to Rs 1 lakh at a 0% interest rate for 1-5 years on the condition of prompt repayment of the principal amount.
- Enrolment of farmers under Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana to be voluntary.
- Reduce all agricultural imports and institute a predictable expo and import policy with a built-in mechanism for encouraging exports and discouraging imports.
- Timely availability of improved seeds of promising varieties at affordable rates with doorstep testing facilities.
- NDA government will launch a new mission to achieve self-sufficiency in oil seeds and other Agri products.
- Promote chemical-free organic farming in an additional 20 lakh hectare of hilly, tribal and rainfed areas in the next 5 years.
- Launch a dedicated e-commerce portal to enhance the availability of organic produce to the doorsteps of consumers.
- Link goshalas in the country to the promotion of organic farming.
- Launch a National Bee-keeping and Honey Mission to ensure additional returns to the farmers. We will double the honey production from the present 11,500 MT by developing infrastructural facilities and providing marketing support.
- Expand Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchai Yojana to realize 100% irrigation potential of the country within a defined time-frame.
- Create a mobile app based system for promoting the availability of agri-implements on rental/custom hiring basis.
- Extensively use technology to ensure a beer knowledge of the market prices of various agro products for the benet of farmers.
- Enable development of young agri-scientists to take advantage of Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Blockchain technology, Big Data analytics etc. for more predictive and profitable precision agriculture.
- View solar energy as an additional source of income for farmers and encourage solar farming on a massive scale so as to enable the ‘Annadaata’(food provider) to become ‘Urja-daata’ (energy
Watch this Zee Business news
- Digitization of Land Records - On the lines of Aadhaar project, NDA government will complete digitization of land records on a mission mode. "We will implement second-generation land reforms to ensure title guarantee for the landholder and reduce land-related litigation. We will create a model law for conclusive titling (in consultation with states) promoting title guarantee and title insurance and work with States to implement this system," the BJP Sankalp Patra said.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.