- Global View: Bajaj Finance, ICICI Prudential, L&T Technology and Newgen Software could give 13-23% return
- Bajaj Auto Q3FY22 Preview: Auto major’s profit likely to shrink by 26%; sales could grow marginally
- Stocks in Focus on January 19: Bajaj Finance, LTTS, Tata Motors, M&M, Raymond and many more
- Anil Singhvi’s Strategy January 19: Day support zone on Nifty is 17,975-18,050 and Bank Nifty is 37,925-38,025
- Stocks to buy today: List of 20 shares for profitable trade on January 19
Petrol gets cheaper by Rs 8 per litre in Delhi: Know prices in your city and other details here
In a relief to the common people in the national capital, Arvind Kejriwal led Delhi government has decided to reduce VAT on petrol.
Petrol Price in Delhi Today: In a relief to the common people in the national capital, Arvind Kejriwal led Delhi government has decided to reduce VAT on petrol. Zee Business reporter Bhawana Kishor has reported that petrol will be cheaper by Rs 8 in Delhi. The new rates will come into effect from mid-night today.
See Zee Business Live TV Streaming Below:
News agency PTI has also tweeted about this decision from its official Twitter handle. The tweet said, "Delhi cabinet decides to cut VAT on petrol from 30 per cent to 19.4 pc; Petrol price to go down by Rs 8 per litre in Delhi: Official sources."
Delhi cabinet decides to cut VAT on petrol from 30 per cent to 19.4 pc; Petrol price to go down by Rs 8 per litre in Delhi: Official sources
— Press Trust of India (@PTI_News) December 1, 2021
The central government, earlier this month, reduced the excise duty on fuel prices and since then the petrol and diesel prices have remained unchanged. On November 3, 2021, the Finance Ministry announced Rs 5 reduction in the excise duty of petrol and a cut of Rs 10 in the excise duty of diesel. This development came when fuel prices were at an all-time high in the country.
Following the announcement by the central government, several other states and union territories have also reduced the Value Added Tax (VAT) on petrol and diesel prices. Today, the Delhi government has also decided to reduce VAT on petrol.
As per the official website of Indian Oil, the current prices of petrol and diesel in Delhi are Rs 103.97 per litre and Rs 86.67 per litre, respectively.
In Mumbai, petrol is priced at Rs 109.98 per litre and diesel at Rs 94.14 per litre.
According to the official website of fuel retailer Indian Oil, prices of petrol and diesel are as follows:
1) Delhi: Petrol - Rs 103.97 per litre, Diesel: Rs 86.67 per litre
2) Mumbai: Petrol - Rs 109.98 per litre, Diesel: Rs 94.14 per litre
3) Kolkata: Petrol - Rs 104.67 per litre, Diesel: Rs 89.79 per litre
4) Chennai: Petrol - Rs 101.40 per litre, Diesel: Rs 91.43 per litre
If you are planning to fill your tank and want to know the current prices before stepping out of your homes, you can do it easily by doing this. You can check Petrol and Diesel price by sending SMS to 92249 92249. SMS "RSP <space>Dealer Code of Petrol Pump”. You can find the dealer code from IOCL website.
Use the following details to find fuel prices in your city -
New Delhi – SMS Text - RSP 102072
Mumbai – SMS Text - RSP 108412
Faridabad – SMS Text – RSP 102287
Noida – SMS Text – RSP 155444
Kolkata – SMS Text – RSP 119941
Chennai – SMS Text – RSP 133593
Ghaziabad - SMS Text – RSP 154410
Gurgaon - SMS Text – RSP 102082
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.