Paramilitary officers' promotion: Modi Cabinet clears proposal for Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF); check other decisions
Addressing a press conference after the Cabinet meeting, Union Minister Prakash Javadekar said the decision will benefit around 1,200 such officers.
The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved the proposal for Grant of Organized Group ‘A’ Service (OGAS) to Group ‘A’ Executive Cadre Officers of Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs) and extension of benefit of Non-Functional Financial Upgradation (NFFU) and Non-Functional Selection Grade (NFSG), said a government statement. This would result in grant of NFFU to eligible Group ‘A’ Executive Cadre Officers of CAPF; and it would also benefit Group ‘A’ Executive Cadre Officers of CAPF for availing the benefit of NFSG at an enhanced rate of 30% as per guidelines.
Addressing a press conference after the Cabinet meeting, Union Minister Prakash Javadekar said the decision will benefit around 1,200 such officers, adding that the benefit would be availed by the group `A` officers of the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Indo-Tibetan Border Police Force (ITBP), Border Security Force (BSF), Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) and the Sashastra Seema Bal.
The other key decisions taken today are:
1. The Cabinet has given ex-post facto approval for the MoU between India and Maldives for the establishment of passenger and cargo services by sea, which was signed on June 8, 2019 during the visit of Prime Minister Narendra Modi to Maldives. India is a leading development partner of Maldives and has established many of the leading institutions of Maldives. Currently, India has provided US $100 million Stand-by Credit facility (SCF) to Maldives, including long-term loans and revolving credit for trade, said the statement.
2. The Union Cabinet has also approved the MoU between India and Maldives on cooperation in the field of Health signed on June 8, 2019. The memorandum of understanding covers the areas of cooperation including Exchange and Training of medical doctors, officials, other health professionals and experts; Medical and health research development; Regulation of medicines and medical products, and exchange of information thereon; communicable and non-communicable diseases; E-Health and Telemedicine; and any other area of cooperation as may be mutually decided upon.
#Cabinet approves the proposal for leasing out of three airports viz. #Ahmedabad , Lucknow and Mangaluru of Airports Authority of India through Public-Private Partnership@PrakashJavdekar @AAI_Official pic.twitter.com/dVk3Sra4wb
— PIB India (@PIB_India) July 3, 2019
3. The Cabinet has approved the proposal for leasing out of three airports including Ahmedabad, Lucknow and Mangaluru of Airports Authority of India (AAI) through Public Private Partnership (PPP) to the highest bidder i.e. M/s Adani Enterprises Ltd who quoted the highest bid for these airports, for operation, management and development under PPP for a lease period of 50 years as per the terms and conditions of the bid documents.
4. According to statement, these projects will bring efficiency in delivery, expertise, enterprise and professionalism apart from harnessing the needed investments in the public sector. This will also result in enhanced revenues to the AAI, which may lead to further investment by AAI at Tier II and Tier III cities and economic development in these areas in terms of job creation and related infrastructure.
5. The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs, chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, today approved hike in Minimum Support Prices (MSPs) for all kharif crops for 2019-20 Season. The move will lead to increased investment and production through assured remunerative prices to the farmers. For the kharif crops of 2019-20, government has increased the MSPs of soyabean by Rs 311 per quintal, sunflower by Rs 262 per quintal and sesamum by Rs 236 per quintal which is a major step towards increasing the income of farmers, the statement added.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.