One government many apps: Here's how "techy" Modi-government is
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday launched two schemes under the BHIM App on the occasion of the 126th birth anniversary of Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar in Nagpur, Maharashtra.
The two schemes launched under BHIM App are namely BHIM Referral Bonus Scheme and BHIM Merchant Cashback Scheme.
This brings us how "techy" our government is. Today's generation is totally dependent mobile application. From ordering food to booking tickets, you name it and there is an application.
Following the trend, Modi- government has been pushing towards 'Digital India' from quite some time now.
To make the schemes related information accessible and reach out the public, the government has been launching various application.
Here's a look of some of government's many application that are available on your mobile phones:
1. Bharat Interface for Money (BHIM): Launched by the Prime Minister in December is available on both Android and iOS version. The app was launched to promote digital payments.
BHIM is interoperable with other Unified Payment Interface (UPI) applications, and bank accounts. BHIM is developed by the National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI), as per the application's summary given at Playstore.
According to the government data, since its launch, 1.8 crore people have downloaded the app. Today, Modi launched two new offers to reward BHIM users. These two schemes are:
BHIM Referral Bonus Scheme, and BHIM Merchant Cashback Scheme.
2. Aadhaar Enrollment status: The Aadhaar Status is a mobile application which is so designed to get the current status of Aadhaar by providing the 14 digit enrolment number . The application works in offline mode and standard SMS rates are applicable for accessing the service, as per the details given on PlayStore.
The objective of the project is to provide an easy way to get the aadhaar status without remembering the SMS format.
3. MyGov: According to the description provided by GooglePlay, the application os Government of India’s innovative citizen engagement platform for direct citizen participation in governance by providing an avenue for channelizing their ideas, comments and creative suggestions to Central Ministries and associated organizations.
Citizens can participate in policy formulation and program implementation to usher in an era of direct participatory democracy.
4. Narendra Modi app: This is the official application of our Prime Minister. It brings to you latest information, instant updates & helps you contribute towards various tasks. It provides a unique opportunity to receive messages and emails directly from the Prime Minister.
Highlights of the Narendra Modi app:
• Receive the latest news and updates
• Attractive infographics that illustrate the work of the NDA government to transform India.
• Exclusive opportunity to receive E-Mails & Messages directly from the PM.
• 'Mann Ki Baat' with the PM.
• Exciting features that empower you to contribute towards making a positive difference in society.
• Thoughtful forums where you can share your ideas, views and deliberate with a wide range of people.
• Small Tasks, Big Satisfaction: Contribute & earn Badges through the to-do tasks.
• Your chance to Interact with the PM & share Ideas & Suggestions.
• Never miss out thoughts from PM Modi, read his Blogs.
• Know more about PM Narendra Modi through unique insights in the Biography section.
• Read about PM Modi’s Governance initiatives & achievements.
• Learn more about PM Modi’s efforts augmenting India’s Global Recognition.
• Know about how Good Governance is improving lives through Infographics
• Receive personalised Birthday Greetings from the PM
5. IRCTC Connect: Facing problem in booking railway tickets? Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu has its solution. IRCTC Rail ticketing now made simpler just by SWIPE and SHUFFLE, SELECT and BOOK. Install the newly launched "IRCTC RAIL CONNECT" android app and book a railway ticket anywhere in India at your fingertips.
:: New Users, register and activate from App directly.
:: Supports Ladies,Tatkal & Premium-Tatkal quota booking.
:: Integrated with IRCTC e-wallet for faster and hassle free transactions.
:: Boarding point change facility.
:: Syncing of IRCTC's NGeT Web Site and NGeT Mobile App tickets. Now users can view, cancel or file TDR of e-tickets booked through official website (www.irctc.co.in) and vice-versa.
:: Users can view the status of e-tickets booked through our authorized Online Travel Agents (OTA).
:: Users can view and cancel old mobile app tickets also and other features.
6. MEAIndia: Mobile application for Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India(MEAIndia). It acts as single window source of all information related to Ministry's citizen centric services and outreach activities. The application is completely user oriented, intuitive and interactive with smart visuals/graphics.
7. RTI India: With RTI INDIA Mobile, you can access rtiindia.org directly from your Android devices. Be active and participate in our movement of Right to Information in India which already has 4,00,000 Members.
- Ask for RTI Query directly from your mobile
- Upload images and now Video relating to Right to Information directly from your mobile camera
- Send and receive Personal Message's to RTI Activists
- Access and post to the most recent discussions and get instant help on matters of RTI
- Read and post to RTI blogs and articles
- View RTI Activist profiles
- Customise your mobile account anywhere, anytime
8. mPassport Seva: Passport Seva mobile app has been designed to deliver Passport and related services to citizens in a timely, transparent, more accessible, reliable manner.
Want to search track passport status,user login, online form submission, download forms, appointment or any other information you will get through this app.
9. Income Tax Refund Status: Income Tax Refund Status Android application will help Indian Income Tax payees to track and get update of their tax refund status.
The application is designed to be intuitive and user-friendly. Users need to simply enter the following details to get their Refund status.
• Assessment Year
The application responds back with following details:
• Refund Status
• Refund mode
• Reference Number
In case the refund is pending or not done, the corresponding status message is shown to the user.
10. Voter Name Search: A voter can check whether his/her name has been included in the electoral roll of the constituency and can also find out the polling station using this application. The application fetches the information over the mobile internet.
According to DataQuest report, "the application uses SMS service for getting information. The user will be charged for SMS as per his mobile operator tariff."
11. PostInfo: Postinfo, the citizen centric android Mobile application of Department of Posts developed by Centre for Excellence in Postal Technology .The app provides the following facilities;
2) Post office search
3) Postage Calculator
4) Insurance premium calculator
5) Interest calculator
12. Swachh Bharat Abhiyaan: Swachh Bharat Mission is a mass movement for cleanliness launched on 2nd October 2014 by the Prime Minister of India. The Swachhta Abhiyan has turned into a National Movement with citizens now becoming active participants in cleanliness activities across the nation.
The dream of a ‘Clean India’ once seen by Mahatma Gandhi is being realized with millions of people across the country joining the cleanliness initiatives of the government departments, NGOs and local community centres to make India clean as a part of this ‘Jan Andolan’.
13. Incredible India: Incredible India App is a innovative project of Ministry of Tourism to assist the international and domestic tourist to access information about Ministry of Tourism recognized tourism service providers namely approved Inbound Tour Operator, Travel Agents, Domestic Tour Operator, Adventure Tour Operator, Tourist Tour Operator, classified hotels and approved Regional Level Tourist Guides available in respective cities / Tourist centers.
Details of the same will be shared via this application to the tourists on their mobile phones based on their current location. Tourist can also query similar details for any other city he plans to travel to in future.
In addition to this the application will provide places of interest .This will help the tourist in seeking services from Government of India recognized service providers and receive quality & reliable services from them.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.