NSE Alert: Know this important update on NSE website to avoid hassles
NSE Alert: An important alert for all who use the NSE website to remain updated on all aspects of the exchange. The NSE is migrating to a new website so the old website will not be available after August 2020. While it will take some time to get familiar with the new website, once it replaces the older version, here are some key points that you must know while navigating to new website
NSE Alert: An important alert for all who use the NSE website to remain updated on all aspects of the exchange. The NSE is migrating to a new website so the old website will not be available after August 2020. While it will take some time to get familiar with the new website, once it replaces the older version, here are some key points that you must know while navigating to new website.
As per an NSE circular of 16 July, the new NSE Website was released in beta on 14 August 2019 and was made the default website on 4 January 2020. The new website has been designed after taking stakeholders’ feedback. It is in tune with the changes in technology and global best practices, the circular said.
Important points to note:
- The new website will be supported on the latest browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla and Edge. Some features may not render correctly in older browsers.
- Titles, Headers, Value, Volume and Open Interest are maintained in a consistent manner throughout the website.
- Derivatives ‘Volume’ is provided in ‘Contracts’ except for the ‘Bid & Ask Quantity displayed in the ‘Order book’ under Quote.
- Options ‘Value’ is Premium value, a move away from Notional Value.
- Option Chain has a ‘Best View’ option which opens in a new window and has larger fonts. It is also available in 3 places on the website - Derivatives Quote, Market Watch > Option Chain (Footer of Market Watch Menu) and in the Search bar.
- The SEBI mandated Website Security Policy has been enforced on the new NSE website to protect Investor data and prevent misuse or theft of information.
- Using scripts to download information or scrapping data from NSE website is not permitted. Hence most pages have a ‘Download in (.csv)’ option enabled on the front end.
- If you want to get the data subscription of the NSE website for your business needs, click visit : https://www.nseindia.com/market-data/real-time-data-subscription
- ‘Get Quote’ section provides full details of securities traded on NSE – Listed, permitted, suspended or other-wise. Corporate Information is available for the Company within Quote. You can directly access all information about the company from ‘View All’.
- Stakeholder’s Homepages – Investors, Members and Corporates have their Homepage which allow for tracking all updates pertaining to them.
- ‘Global Search’ will provide the information for Quote first and applications later. To search a Quote, type its company name up to 4 characters. To refine the search enter more number of characters. To see all results – hit the enter button.
- Market Snapshot as a comprehensive view of the market for all products /segments and their intra-day data has been introduced.
See Zee Business Live TV Streaming Below:
13. NSE has introduced the High Contrast feature displayed on the right hand bar of the website.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.