Now, Delhi airport to offer doorstep baggage facility; Here is how to get
Flyers from and to the Delhi airport can now get their baggage picked and delivered. The Indira Gandhi International Airport has been testing the doorstep baggage transfer facility to ensure that passengers don't need to deal with baggage transfer at all.
Flyers from and to the Delhi airport can now get their baggage picked and delivered. The Indira Gandhi International Airport has been testing the doorstep baggage transfer facility to ensure that passengers don't need to deal with baggage transfer at all. The facility is now available for all passengers after successful testing. This doorstep baggage pick-up and drop services facility has been officially launched at Terminal 3 for both international and domestic flights.
How to avail doorstep baggage pick-up, drop service?
1. You need to make a booking through CarterX website or app or counters at the Delhi airport.
2. The bags booked for pick up and delivery will be secured in a separate tamper-resistant sealable bags, which are marked and bar-coded for easy identification.
3. The passengers can get their bags collected at the departure forecourt area and proceed for check-in.
4. For arrivals, the passengers can book the service online or at the baggage pick-up and drop counter, located at Terminal 3.
5. The baggage will be delivered to locations in Delhi/NCR region, Punjab, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh and Rajasthan.
For now, the passengers can make the booking through CarterX website or mobile application but you will soon be able to access it from Delhi airport’s website — www.newdelhiairport.in. Also, the service will be extended to Terminal 1 and Terminal 2 of the airport.
To avail the service, passengers will need to provide the date of service for pick-up or delivery, flight details, delivery location etc. The passenger can also track their baggage in transit on phone/tablet. The charges to use the service will depend on the number, size and weight of bags and by the distance from where the bags are to be picked up or dropped.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.