Non-subsidised LPG cylinder price hiked by Rs 42-Rs 45: How Aadhaar card can help you save big on cooking gas
A 14.2kg cylinder in non-subsidised category is now priced at Rs 701.50 in Delhi, Rs 727.50 in Kolkata, Rs 673.50 in Mumbai and Rs 717 in Chennai in March 2019.
For March 2019, the LPG cylinder price has been hiked massively, especially in the non-subsidised category. A 14.2kg cylinder in non-subsidised category is now priced at Rs 701.50 in Delhi, Rs 727.50 in Kolkata, Rs 673.50 in Mumbai and Rs 717 in Chennai. With this, in Delhi the price has risen by Rs 42.5 compared previous month of Rs 659, while in Mumbai the hike is of Rs 43.5 from Rs 630 sold in last month. It was Chennai and Kolkata which has witnessed massive increase by Rs 44 and Rs 44.5 in March, as against the price of Rs 673 and Rs 683 in February 2019, respectively.
Interestingly, you can save yourself from paying such hefty price in LPG cylinder. All you need to do is link your Aadhaar card with your gas connection, and you will be then charged on the subsidised price. Notably, even subsidised LPG cylinder price has risen, but way lower when compared to non-subsidised ones.
Although Aadhaar card is not necessarily needed for having an LPG connection. But in order to enjoy the subsidized gas connection, it is of utmost important that you link your Aadhaar card with LPG connections. Also, when you link your bank account for LPG cylinder, because your Aadhaar is linked with the connection, the subsidised amount price will be only deducted.
On SBI’s official website, there are two ways to link your Aadhaar with LPG connection.
Option 1 - You can approach your LPG dealer along with your Bank account details and request for linking Account number with your LPG ID. Ensure that your Name and Account details have been correctly captured by the LPG dealer.
Option 2 - You can visit your nearest SBI branch with a copy of the Form 3 along with a copy of your LPG blue book or cash receipt which has your unique 17 digit LPG ID for linking LPG ID to Bank account. In case there is a mismatch in the name appearing in your LPG document as against Bank records, you may visit your gas dealer and request for updation.
#ZBizExclusive | #ElectricVehicles से जुड़ी मैन्युफैक्चरिंग को बढ़ाने पर सरकार का जोर: अमिताभ कांत, सीईओ, @NITIAayog#FAME #MobilityForMasses #FutureOfMobility @amitabhk87 @SwatiKJain @AnilSinghviZEE pic.twitter.com/3Qs4ubzGCr
— Zee Business (@ZeeBusiness) March 1, 2019
You can also link Aadhaar online as well!
1. One can link their Aadhaar number to their LPG connection by simply visiting the web page. https://rasf.uidai.gov.in/seeding/User/ResidentSelfSeedingpds.aspx
2. Fill in your postal address mentioned in your Aadhar Card.
3. Enter your Aadhar No, email-id and mobile no. The OTP will be received in the mentioned mobile number.
4. Select 'LPG' as type of benefit and then select the service provider such as the Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL), Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL) and Bharat Petroleum Limited (BPCL).
5. Select the name of your distributor and then enter your consumer number. The consumer name will appear next to the text field.
6. After filling the necessary details, click on submit.
7. A dialogue box will appear asking for the one time password or OTP received on the mentioned mobile number.
8. Enter the security text and click on save to submit your request.
In March, subsidised LPG cylinder in 14.2kg is priced at Rs 495.61 in Delhi, Rs 498.75 in Kolkata, Rs 493.32 in Mumbai and Rs 483.49 in Chennai. The price for this month, have been increased in the range of Rs 2.08 to Rs 2.18, which has a massive gap than compared to non-subsidised ones.