New Union Cabinet Committees: Home Minister Amit Shah in all 8; PM Modi, Sitharaman in six - All details here
The Union government on Thursday announced the constitution of several Cabinet committees.
The Union government on Thursday announced the constitution of several Cabinet committees. These include committees on economic affairs, investment and growth, employment and skill development, security. Prime Minister Narendra Modi will the head of the Committee on Security while Defence Minister Rajnath Singh, Home Minister Amit Shah, External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar and Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman are other members. The Cabinet Committee on Security deals with matters related to national security and foreign affairs.
Constitution or reconstitution of the Cabinet committees take place when a new government takes over or the cabinet undergoes a reshuffle.
Here are details of the new Cabinet committees:
- Appointments Committee of Cabinet (ACC) will be headed by PM Modi. Shah is another member.
- Amit Shah will head the Cabinet Committee on Accommodation. Other members are Road transport and highways minister Nitin Gadkari, Sitharaman and Railway and Commerce Minister Piyush Goyal. Minister of State in PMO Jitendra Singh and Housing and Urban Affairs and Civil Aviation Minister Hardeep Puri are special invitees of the Accommodation committee.
- Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA): PM Modi will head this committee. Other members are Rajnath Singh, Shah, Gadkari, Chemicals and Fertilisers Minister DV Sadananda Gowda, Sitharaman, Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar, Communication Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad, Minister for Food Processing Harsimrat Kaur Badal as its members.
Other members in CCEA are S Jaishankar, Goyal and Petroleum Minister Dharmendra Pradhan.
- Cabinet Committee on Parliamentary Affairs: This will be headed by Shah. Other members are Sitharaman, Consumer Affairs Minister Ramvilas Paswan, Tomar, Prasad, Social Justice Minister Thawar Chand Gehlot, Environment Minister Prakash Javadekar and Parliamentary Affairs Minister Prahlad Joshi. This committee recommends dates for holding parliament sessions. Ministers of State for Parliamentary Affairs Arjun Ram Meghwal and V Muraleedharan are special invitees.
- Cabinet Committee on Political Affairs: This will be headed by PM Modi. Other members are Shah, Gadkari, Sitharaman, Goyal, Paswan, Tomar, Prasad, Harsimrar Kaur, Health Minister Harsh Vardhan, Heavy Industries Minister Arvind Sawant and Joshi will be its members. This committee helps the government in taking important policy decisions.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.