New Rs 20 note: These features will be similar to Rs 2000, Rs 500 notes
Features that Rs 20 will have under the revamped Mahatma Gandhi (New) Series by RBI.
Modi government's decision to demonetise Rs 500 and Rs 1000 currency notes on November 8, 2016 had taken everyone by surprise but the main objective of this step was to get rid of black money and corruption in the country. The Reserve Bank of India had introduced new Rs 2000 notes and also, gave new look to the Rs 500 notes. Gradually, adding to the Mahatma Gandhi (New) Series, the RBI had released the Rs 200, Rs 100, Rs 50 and Rs 10 as well. The only denomination left to undergo the makeover process is the Rs 20 note. Till now there has been no update on how the the Rs 20 might look like, what motif it might carry or what colour it will be. But, considering certain features and specifications that are common among the Indian notes under the Mahatma Gandhi (New) Series, we can surely say that the new Rs 20 note will have the following similar to that of the Rs 2000 and Rs 500 notes.
Features that the new Rs 20 will have:
1. See through register with denominational numeral
2. Latent image with denominational numeral.
3. Denominational numeral in Devnagari.
4. Orientation and relative position of Mahatma Gandhi portrait changed.
5. Windowed security thread changes from green to blue when the note is tilted.
6. Guarantee Clause, Governor's signature with Promise Clause and RBI emblem towards right.
7. Portrait and electrotype watermarks.
8. Number panel with numerals growing from small to big on the top left side and bottom right side.
9. Denominational numeral with Rupee Symbol, in colour changing pink (green to blue) on bottom right.
10. Ashoka Pillar emblem on the right.
For the visually impaired,
Intaglio or raised printing of Mahatma Gandhi portrait, Ashoka Pillar emblem, bleed lines and identification mark
1. Year of printing of the note on the left
2. Swachh Bharat logo with slogan
3. Language panel towards the centre
4. Denominational numeral in Devnagari on right
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.