New Parliament Building: PM Modi to lay foundation stone at 1 pm |check all features of massive Rs 971-crore project
New Parliament Building: The special event will be attended by leaders from various political parties, cabinet ministers and ambassadors of various countries
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will lay the foundation stone of the new Parliament building on Thursday at 1 PM. The special event will be attended by leaders from various political parties, cabinet ministers and ambassadors of various countries. Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla, who informed about the inaugural function of the new Parliament building on last Saturday, will also take part in Bhoomi pujan of the new massive building. Once Parliament’s new building is ready, the existing Parliament building will be conserved as it is an archaeological asset of the country, Birla had said.
"The existing temple of democracy is completing 100 years... It is a matter of pride for our countrymen that the new one will be built by our own people as a prime example of Aatmanirbhar Bharat. The new building will showcase the cultural diversity of the country. Hopefully, in the 75th year of independence, Parliament session will be held in the new building," Birla had said announcing details of the new proposed building on Saturday.
Let’s see what the new Parliament building entails, its deadline and other details about the project.
* The new building will have an area of 64,500 square metres and is being built at an estimated cost of Rs 971 crore.
* The massive project that is being executed by Tata Projects Limited is estimated to be completed by 2022 end.
* The new building will be earthquake resistant and 2000 people will be directly involved in the construction of the new building and 9,000 indirectly.
* As many as 1,224 MPs can sit together in the building, while a new office complex for all MPs of both the houses would be built at the site of the existing Shram Shakti Bhawan.
* The new building will also have a grand Constitution Hall to showcase India's democratic heritage, a lounge for members of Parliament, a library, multiple committee rooms, dining areas and ample parking space.
*Lok Sabha chamber in the new building will have a seating capacity for 888 members, while Rajya Sabha will have 384 seats for the upper house members. This has been done keeping in mind the future increase in the number of members for the two houses.
See Zee Business Live TV Streaming Below:
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.