Narendra Modi UK visit: Top 8 things on PM's agenda
Narendra Modi UK visit: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on April 17, 2018, reached London, the United Kingdom on the second leg of his three-nation European tour (Sweden, the United Kingdom and Germany). UK Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson accorded a warm welcome to Prime Minister at the Heathrow airport. Here are the details of major events during PM Modi's visit to the United Kingdom (from April 17-20, 2018)
1. In the UK, Prime Minister will have a bilateral meeting with his UK counterpart Theresa May.
2. Prime Minister Narendra Modi will meet with Queen Elizabeth II.
3. Prime Minister will participate in the two-day Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM) on April 19-20, 2018.
4. The India-UK CEOs Forum will also take place during this visit. During the meet with CEOs, the Prime Minister will try to give a boost to the Make in India campaign.
5. During his visit, PM Modi will also address a unique event ‘Bharat Ki Baat, Sabke Saath’, a live interactive conversation in which he will answer questions concerning India.
Check out this tweet by MEA spokesperson:
Day not yet over! Midnight meeting of PM @narendramodi with UK's Foreign Secretary @BorisJohnson at the airport immediately on arrival finally draws curtain to an action-packed day. pic.twitter.com/AkVCyEcJWh
— Raveesh Kumar (@MEAIndia) April 17, 2018
6. Prime Minister Modi will visit Science Museum and also meet Indian scientists working on Cancer research under the Living Bridge concept.
7. It is expected that the two countries will be signing several memorandum of undertakings (MoUs)/agreements including MoU between the All India Institute of Ayurveda and the College of Medicine in UK and MoU in the field of innovation among others.
8. The UK will formally convey their readiness to join the International Solar Alliance.