Mission New India: Forget 100 days, PM Modi to get cracking on 1000-day agenda! Here are key goals
Narendra Modi's 1000-day agenda: After recording a stupendous victory in the Lok Sabha elections, taking the BJP past 300 seats in the 543-member lower house of Parliament, Prime Minister Narendra Modi is reportedly set to get cracking on a 1000-day agenda!
Narendra Modi's 1000-day agenda: After recording a stupendous victory in the Lok Sabha elections, taking the BJP past 300 seats in the 543-member lower house of Parliament, Prime Minister Narendra Modi is reportedly set to get cracking on a 1000-day agenda, not the usual 100-day agenda, that will run up to 2022, when the country will celebrate 75th anniversary of independence. PM Modi is expected to launch several initiatives to fulfil his promise of creating a "new India". The BJP manifesto for 2019 Lok Sabha elections made 75 promises to be fulfilled by 2022. Here's a look at what is expected in the next 1000 days.
1. 'Antyodaya' for the upliftment of poor: Modi government 2.0 will give a continuing emphasis on inclusive social welfare schemes under the umbrella of "Antyodaya". Similar schemes are believed to have brought Modi government back to power after a five-year term. In the previous term, Modi government launches schemes like Ujjawala, Swachh Bharat Abhiyan, Ayushman Bharat, PM Kisan etc. It is expected that the reach of these programmes will be increased to touch almost all people in the country.
2. Doubling Farmers income, create 10,000 new Farmer Producer organisations; include maximum farmers in PM Kisan scheme and launch a pension scheme for small and marginal farmers to ensure social security after 60 years of age.
3. Setting up 40,000 MW rooftop solar projects
4. Housing for all by 2022, ensuring a pucca house for every family.
5. General 100 GW solar energy
6. Empowerment of women, including farm workers
7. India's first manned mission to space: Put an Indian in space in an Indian spacecraft as part of 'Gaganyaan' mission.
8. Security to migrant labourers, factory workers
9. Covering 10 crore workers in Employees’ State Insurance Scheme.
10. Increase the number of operational airports to 150 for better connectivity.
11. Short-term new agriculture loans up to Rs 1 lakh at 0% interest rate for 1-5 years on the condition of prompt repayment of the principal amount.
12. Ensure toilet in every household, access to safe and potable drinking water for all households.
13. Wi-fi facility on all main railway stations; Dedicated freight corridor by 2022.
14. PM Shram Yogi Maandhan scheme for all small shopkeepers.