Mumbai Urban Transport Phase-IIIA Project worth Rs 33,690 cr approved: From AC coaches to enhances facilities - Check all on offer
Mumbai Urban Transport Phase-IIIA: The total estimated cost of the project will be Rs 30,849 crore with the completion cost of Rs 33690 crore.
Mumbai Urban Transport Phase-IIIA: In news that might bring cheers for Mumbaikars, the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved Phase-IIIA of the Mumbai Urban Transport Project. With the approval of the project, the suburban transportation system is set to get a boost. The project will cost around Rs 33,690 crore. "The total estimated cost of the project will be Rs 30,849 crore with the completion cost of Rs 33690 crore. The project is likely to be completed in five years," said the government in a release.
Benefits of Mumbai Urban Transport Project Phase-IIIA:
* Introduction of air-conditioned coaches with automatic door operation to improve comfort level and safety of commuters.
* Seamless travel for long distance suburban passengers by extending and creating corridors.
* Improvement in passenger amenities, improved passenger movement at stations.
* Decongestion of entry/exit at the stations.
सरकार ने मुम्बई उपनगरीय रेलवे के इंफ्रास्ट्रक्चर विस्तार हेतु Rs33,690 करोड़ MUTP 3A प्रोजेक्ट के लिए स्वीकृत किये। नई लाइनों, बेहतर सिग्नलिंग सिस्टम, स्टेशन विकास व AC ट्रेन से मुम्बई, उपनगरीय क्षेत्र, ठाणे, पालघर व रायगढ़ को लाभ मिलेगा। #MumbaiKiRaftaar https://t.co/1ajZMDu4QC pic.twitter.com/gCU43nc87J
— Piyush Goyal (@PiyushGoyal) March 7, 2019
* Increase in safety, capacity and efficiency of the suburban network by the introduction of Communication Based Train Control System
* Segregation of suburban rail operation on Central and Western Railway.
The Mumbai suburban railway network on Central and Western Railways has 385 route kms. There are five corridors, two on Western Railway, two on Central Railway and one on Harbour Line. Every day about 8 million people travel in the suburban sections in more than 3,000 train services. There is severe overcrowding in the suburban trains and during peak hours, passengers carried are more than four times the carrying capacity.
Watch This Zee Business Video
The Indian Railways has been taking many initiatives like running more trains, increase frequency and enhancing passenger facilities to clear the overcrowding.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.