Mumbai rains! Western Railways stops train services at a few stations; check cancelled trains full list here
As if heavy showers were not enough for Mumbai’s problems, now a bridge has collapsed at Andheri station, which has left Western Railways operations to be suspended in certain areas.
Monsoon is here! Can problems be far behind, especially in maximum city, Mumbai? Heavy rains have turned out to be a disaster for the country’s financial hub Mumbai which has been hit by a massive chukka jam today because of huge showers which began from early hours of Tuesday. This has left a massive hurdle for every citizen travelling to work or any other place. As if heavy showers were not enough for Mumbai’s problems, now a bridge has collapsed at Andheri station, which has left Western Railways operations to be suspended in certain areas.
The collapsed Gokhale Bridge connects Andheri East to West and it has affected the overhead wires as well. The accident took place early in the morning at around 7.30 am.
Mumbai Police tweeted saying, “Part of Gokhale Bridge, connecting Andheri East to West has collapsed affecting the overhead wires too.Trains on the western line are affected.BMC,Fire Brigade as well as RPF Staff & Officers are deputed on spot for support.Traffic above & below the bridge is stopped for now.”
Western Railways is trying to restore the services, they are guiding people in regards to their journey in trains today.
The Railways through their Twitter account said, “Restoration of OHE and tracks between Andheri--Vile Parle is going on war footing. Expected clearance of Harbour lines by 14. 00 hrs in this section will provide direct trains bet Goregaon-Churchgate & Goregaon - CSMT.”
For now Western Railways Suburban services are running between Goregaon to Virar and Bandra to Churchgate. The authorities have stated that harbour lines between Andheri-Vile Parle expected to be cleared soon.
When the incident took place in early morning. The Railways terminated few western trains. Mentioned below is the list.
Trains Short Terminated and Reversed
- 12952 S/T at Borivali
- 12972 S/T at Borivali
- 14707 S/T at Borivali
- 12215 S/T at Goregaon & 12216 will dept Ex Borivali
- 59024 S/T at Vasai Rd
- 12922 S/T at Virar
- 12934/33 S/T at Virar & Reverse
Even express trains were either rescheduled, terminated or delayed by Western Railways.
- Train no. 12953 Mumbai Central- Nizamuddin August Kranti Rajdhani Express
- Train no 19023 Mumbai Central - Firozpur Cantt. Janta Express
- Train No 19015 Mumbai Central - Porbandar Saurastra Express is partially cancelled between Mumbai Central & Surat and will depart from Surat at 14:15 Hrs.
- Train no 12933 Mumbai Central - Ahmedabad Karnavati Express of 03/07/18 will depart from Virar at 14.50 Hrs as train no 12934 has been short terminated at Virar
- Train no 19015/16 Bandra - Porbandar DOJ. Cancelled between Mumbai central & Surat
- Train no 59045/46 Bandra - VAPI & VAPI-VR
- Train no 59439/40 Cancelled between Mumbai Central and Palghar’
- Train no 59023 Mumbai Central- Valsad Passenger ( Sch. Dep. 18.10 hrs ) has been rescheduled at 19.15 hrs Ex Vasai Road
- Train no. 12921 Mumbai Central- Surat Flying Ranee Express ( Sch. Dep. 17.55 hrs ) has been rescheduled at 19.05 hrs Ex Virar
- Train no. 12961 Mumbai Central- Indore Avantika Express ( Sch. Dep. 19.10 hrs ) has been rescheduled at 20.25 hrs Ex Mumbai Central
- Train no. 12955 Mumbai Central- Jaipur Superfast Express ( Sch. Dep. 18.50 hrs ) has been rescheduled at 19.45 hrs Ex Mumbai Central
- Train no 09003 Bandra Terminus - Nizamuddin Rajdhani Special ( Sch. Dep. 16.05 hrs ) has been rescheduled at 19.20 hrs Ex Bandra Terminus
- Train no 12925 Bandra Terminus - Amritsar Paschim Express ( Sch. Dep. 12.00 hrs ) has been rescheduled at 19.00 hrs Ex Bandra Terminus
- Train no. 12951 Mumbai Central- New Delhi Rajdhani Express ( Sch. Dep. 17.00 hrs ) has been rescheduled at 19.00 hrs Ex Mumbai Central
- Train no 19015 Mumbai Central - Porbandar of 3/7/18 is rescheduled at 12.20 hrs.
Few trains that were terminated by Western Railways, are now having alternatives for passengers travelling to various destinations.
- Train no. 12480 Bandra Terminus - Jodhpur Surya Nagri Express of 03/07/18 will depart from Dahanu Road station at 15.20 Hrs as train no 12479 has been short terminated at Dahanu Road.
- Train no. 12931 Mumbai Central - Ahmedabad Double Decker Express of 03/07/18 will depart from Vasai Road station at 15.15 Hrs as train no 12932 has been short terminated at Vasai Road Station
- Train no. 12933 Mumbai Central - Ahmedabad Karnavati Express of 03/07/18 will depart from Virar at 14.50 Hrs as train no 12934 has been short terminated at Virar
The Mumbai rains are going to get worse for another 48 hours.
IMD has issued a notification saying, intermittent rain/showers likely to occur with heavy to very heavy falls at a few places over the city and suburbs.” This will be the situation of Mumbai in next 48 hours, as per the weather forecaster.