Mumbai-Ahmedabad Tejas Express: Start date, arrival-departure timings, time table, full schedule, complete list of stations, facilities, off day and more
Indian Railways is launching yet another important train - Mumbai-Ahmedabad Tejas Express!
Indian Railways is launching yet another important train - Mumbai-Ahmedabad Tejas Express! The second Tejas Express train to be operated by the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) will start running between Mumbai-Ahmedabad from January 19, 2020.
Mumbai-Ahmedabad Tejas Express: Inaugural run
- The Western Railway on Friday said that it shall introduce the all new air-conditioned Tejas Express train with modern facilities and features between Ahmedabad and Mumbai Central from January 19 after its inaugural run on January 17.
Mumbai-Ahmedabad Tejas Express: Arrival-departure time table
- The train, on its inaugural journey, will depart from Ahmedabad at 9.30 a.m. and reach Mumbai Central at 4 p.m.
- Similarly on its return journey, the train will depart from Mumbai Central at 5.15 p.m. and arrive in Ahmedabad at 11.30 p.m.
Mumbai-Ahmedabad Tejas Express: 6-day a week
- The Western Railway said that the Tejas Express will run six days a week, except Thursday.
Mumbai-Ahmedabad Tejas Express: Full schedule
- As per the schedule, the train will leave Ahmedabad at 6.40 a.m. and reach Mumbai Central railway station at 1.10 p.m., covering the entire distance of 533 km in 6 hours and 30 minutes.
Mumbai-Ahmedabad Tejas Express: 6 halts - LIST of STATIONS
-It would only have six halts -- Nadiad, Vadodara, Bharuch, Surat, Vapi and Borivali stations.
Mumbai-Ahmedabad Tejas Express: Return journey - Arrival-departure time table
- On its return journey, the train would leave Mumbai Central at 3.40 p.m. and reach Ahmedabad at 9.55 p.m.
1st Tejas Express: Between Lucknow and New Delhi
In October, the IRCTC started the first Tejas Express train between Lucknow and New Delhi. The train was flagged off by Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath.
The IRCTC had also extended the facilities of taxi hiring, and hotel bookings to those passengers who need it.
Tejas Express: All you need to know
- Tejas, which is India's first private train run by IRCTC, has an executive class air conditioned chair car with 56 and nine air-conditioned chair car coaches with a capacity of 78 passengers each.
- Meals will be served by on-board service staff in Ahmedabad-Mumbai Central Tejas Express. Tea and coffee vending machines will be available in the train. Water will be provided on demand through RO machines for passengers.
- Tejas Express contains all the modern facilities with the state-of-art interior, personalised reading lights, AC coaches, mobile charging points, CCTV cameras, bio-toilets, LED TV, automatic doors and many more.
IRCTC is also contemplating on the sale of merchandise goods on board to its passengers on these trains.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.