Monsoon updates: Assam and Meghalaya to get heavy rainfall today, says IMD
The India Meteorological Department (IMD) on Sunday predicted that states such as Assam and Meghalaya are expected to get heavy rainfall today as well.
Monsoon updates: The India Meteorological Department (IMD) on Sunday predicted that states such as Assam and Meghalaya are expected to get heavy rainfall today as well. According to ANI, the department also said that the isolated places over Sub-Himalayan West Bengal and Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Arunachal Pradesh are likely to witness heavy downpour during the day.
1. The villagers in Assam are forced to migrate to safer areas as the situation in the state worsened on Saturday due to the floods caused by heavy fall in the region.
2. The parts of the Brahmaputra river are flowing above the danger mark due to heavy rainfall in the state.
3. The national weather forecasting agency issued thunderstorm and lightning warning at isolated places over Odisha.
4. "Rough to very rough sea conditions (with wind speed reaching 40-50 kmph) are likely to prevail over southwest and west-central Arabian Sea and along and off Gujarat coast," the IMD stated.
5. The organisation has advised fishermen not to venture into these areas for the next few days.