- RBI extends implementation of card tokenisation norms by 3 months; deadline extended till 30 September
- EXCLUSIVE: 'Noida International Airport at Jewar to be jewel in crown of Indian aviation sector' - Know what all is coming up at
- D-Street Corner: Market gains 2.7% in highly volatile week, investors richer by 5.5 lakh cr; what should investors do on Monday?
- Sebi allows UPI payment option to invest in public issues of REITs, InvITs with effect from 1 August
- Netflix lays off 450 employees in two months—Here's what's bothering OTT giant
Moms Manifesto: What mothers want from politicians, parties in Lok Sabha elections 2019
Lok Sabha elections 2019: All political parties have made elaborate promises in their respective manifestos. However, when it comes to concerns of mothers, there is rarely any party talking about it.
Lok Sabha elections 2019: All political parties have made elaborate promises in their respective manifestos. However, when it comes to concerns of mothers, there is rarely any party talking about it. However, like all citizens, mothers too have certain wishes from their politicians. A study by Momspresso has found that 70 per cent of Indian mothers are not influenced by politicians on choosing who to vote as the area of concern to them (eg-personal safety, kids safety etc) are extremely personal and not being addressed by any political party. Some of the top concerns of mothers include safety of women in the country( 70%); Safety of my child in the country (62%); Education (45%); Air/Water Pollution (23%) and Corruption (23%).
The study was conducted pan-India amongst a sample size of 1317 mothers with a variation of working women – 33.7% and Homemakers – 66.3%
Here are some interesting findings of the study:
· 96% moms plan to vote in the ongoing General Elections
· Corruption is a big cause of concern for more than 4 out of 10 Hyderabad moms
· 70% of Indian moms are worried about their safety in the country, across all the 4 regions
· While 22% of the metro moms are influenced by media, 28% of non-metro moms are influenced by their friends and family while voting
· More than 80% of Indian moms seek more schools for children with learning abilities
· 84% of Indian moms want more Day-cares in all major companies or in the big office areas of the cities
· Inflation is a growing concern for 9 out of 10 working moms
· All surveyed working moms think there should be more breastfeeding rooms in public places
· 8 out of 10 Indian moms feel food adulteration will affect their child’s health in future
· 9 out of 10 moms in East India rely on their own decision while voting
· 8 out of 10 Jaipur moms rely on their family/ friends when deciding to vote
· While 40% of Bengaluru and Mumbai moms get influenced by media channels, 30% of Chennai moms trust their friends/ family when deciding whom to vote for
Momspresso is one of the largest digital content platforms for mothers.
Get Latest Business News, Stock Market Updates and Videos; Check your tax outgo through Income Tax Calculator and save money through our Personal Finance coverage. Check Business Breaking News Live on Zee Business Twitter and Facebook. Subscribe on YouTube.