Ministry of Information and Broadcasting is hiring: Here is how to apply
Ministry of Information and Broadcasting recruitment: The interested candidates are requested to apply for the positions before the last date of May 15 2019.
Ministry of Information and Broadcasting: The Publication Division of the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting has released a notification of recruitment for the position of Proof Readers and Editors posts. The number of vacancies available are six, with two seats in varying departments. The vacancies are available on a contract basis under the Sub Component ‘Commissioning of Books’ of 12th Plan in Publication Division. The interested candidates are requested to apply for the positions before the last date of May 15 2019. For further details regarding the positions, the candidates can visit the official website https://www.india.gov.in/publications-division-ministry-information-and-broadcasting
- Application released: May 1 2019
- Last date of submission of application : May 5 2019
- English Proof Reader : 2 seats
- Editor for English : 2 seats
- Editor for Hindi : 2 seats
English Proof Reader :
- Graduate in any discipline from the recognized university with sound knowledge of English/Hindi language.
- Two years experience in proof-reading. Well versed in proof reading or editing symbols.
Editor for English and Hindi:
- Graduate in any discipline from the recognized university or institution along with suitable experience in the field of journalism, publishing, e-publishing or digital archives.
- Must have excellent command over concerned language for which he or she is applying.
The candidates applying for the position of editor for any language preference should be below the age of 50 years. There is age relaxation for retired government or autonomous bodies, having an experience in editing, publishing or journalism. The limit relaxation on age for certain categories are:
i)SC/ST candidates: 5 years
ii) OBC candidates: 3 years
iii) Persons with disability: 10 years (PWD+OBC= 13 years; PWD+SC/ST= 15 years)
The eligible candidates are supposed to submit their applications in the prescribed format. The candidates will be selected on the basis of their performance in the interview conducted by the selection body.